Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it just me...tickets never seem to get resolved.

Default Re: Is it just me...tickets never seem to get resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by rainsux View Post
    BYOD was part of my problem. It worked fine for years - during the long 'beta. But once BYOD went mainstream, my service went to hell.

My problem; (incoming calls having no audio), has finally been mitigated, by moving me to different SIP server. It's not a new/unknown problem. But it took multiple weeks to re-home me to another SIP server. Too. Damn. Long. Frankly; I had given up hope and the begun to shift to GV.

Based on my experience, I am no longer able to recommend VoIPO to others ... and I used to be a vocal supporter.
    Sorry to hear about this.

Can you e-mail your account info to me at tim @ voipo.com so I can review this?

This is very interesting. One thing that stands out is that you say it was fixed when you were moved to another BYOD server. There is one big config difference in that other server and that is that it handles its own audio so any audio streams coming to you would come from the same IP address that you're connecting to whereas with our core servers, the media is distributed to dedicated media servers.

It's interesting that that solved your issue and leads me to wonder if we should look into that more and see if it was solved because the IP of the media was the same IP you were already interacting with vs the router blocking an audio stream from a different IP.

Please e-mail me your info so I can have our guys look into this....this could be a very interesting test case that we could learn from.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: Is it just me...tickets never seem to get resolved.

router blocking
    You SOHO guys drive me nuts!

Its the built in firewall on the router blocking.
    Last edited by chpalmer; 12-09-2014 at 11:54 PM.
    I Void Warranties.