Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me...tickets never seem to get resolved.

Default Re: Is it just me...tickets never seem to get resolved.

@tttony, My guess that about 80-90% of the issues are either customer errors or easy to fix. These tickets get resolved by support quite quickly. Another 10-20% are issues outside support control (limitations of VOIPo service; limitations of underlying carriers; compatibility issues, or something really bad with customer ISP). Being a super low-cost provider, I suppose VOIPo doesn't have resources to do enterprise-level troubleshooting without going out of business. So, if you are in those 10-20%, your best bet is indeed to move on. Depending on your technical skills your options range from bundling phone service with internet from ISP to no-cost no-support service such as Google Voice.

I have three accounts that I am very happy with (I just renewed one of them for another two years as part of Black Friday promotion), and one account in that 10-20% category. By the way, VOIPo was very helpful in crediting remaining months to remaining account. I switched my very non-technical in-laws to Google Voice, and they haven't had a problem in two years.
    Last edited by ymhee_bcex; 11-29-2014 at 04:56 PM.

What ATA did you switch to?

Quote Originally Posted by tttony View Post
    Mike,
    Great ideas. I've tried pretty much everything. I had pretty much everything isolated and was still experiencing strange line noise, dropped calls, etc.. Once things weren't adding up for me I decided to try a different ATA. So far, so good. Crystal clear. I'm just not sure why this wasn't offered up as a potential solution sooner. It could have saved us so much time and aggravation.

Thanks for your input everyone. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ddodell View Post
    What ATA did you switch to?
    I am using the OBi202 since I wanted to have access to the second line. It's not something I use often, but occasionally it comes in handy. Especially with two of us working remote.

And for the record, it's running flawlessly on the house wiring since the switch. I'm convinced the GrandStream is an underperforming piece of junk and BYOD is most certainly the way to go. I'm only sorry I didn't figure that out a lot sooner. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.

I am using the OBi202 since I wanted to have access to the second line. It's not something I use often, but occasionally it comes in handy. Especially with two of us working remote.

And for the record, it's running flawlessly on the house wiring since the switch. I'm convinced the GrandStream is an underperforming piece of junk and BYOD is most certainly the way to go. I'm only sorry I didn't figure that out a lot sooner. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out.
    I also have 2 lines on two separate Grandstreams here. Will the Obi202 allow me to plug both lines into one box and not interfere with each other? I have an Obi 100 that I don't use any more since switching to VOIPO a year ago but this sounds like it may be a good solution for me and save an outlet as well as a router port.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    I also have 2 lines on two separate Grandstreams here. Will the Obi202 allow me to plug both lines into one box and not interfere with each other? I have an Obi 100 that I don't use any more since switching to VOIPO a year ago but this sounds like it may be a good solution for me and save an outlet as well as a router port.
    Mine are both configured for the same SP. I think you could configure it otherwise though. At least it looks that way. Good luck!

Thanks for the response. I'll probably call tech support at some point and pick their brains...
    UPDATE: I just ordered an Obi202 last night from Amazon and should be receiving it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Ansextra; 12-02-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rainsux View Post
    Not just you.

I've had a problem open for ~10 days: Incoming calls ring, but no audio, in either direction.

Every support person starts at square 1 and repeats the canned actions. The problem/call
    notes don't seem to be read/grasped. My VERY specific replies to their requests are not
    read/grasped.

Very. Very. Frustrated.
    Happened to me also with the email support, which always used to be great. I finally just gave up and blocked off an hour to use their chat help so that I could at least get ONE consistent person through the whole process. (They didn't read my ticket either, until I asked them to.) I know that customer support is a low pay/high turnover job and Voipo is growing a lot and this inevitably happens when companies grow, but maybe they could put in a rule that the CS agent needs to read the history before suggesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by msp View Post
    Happened to me also with the email support, which always used to be great. I finally just gave up and blocked off an hour to use their chat help so that I could at least get ONE consistent person through the whole process. (They didn't read my ticket either, until I asked them to.) I know that customer support is a low pay/high turnover job and Voipo is growing a lot and this inevitably happens when companies grow, but maybe they could put in a rule that the CS agent needs to read the history before suggesting stuff.
    I used to be a "front line" tech support person at Vonage back when they first began and that was the first thing we were told to do ...... read the notes ...... but who listens to the boss when the NUMBER of calls and amount of time in each (AHT - average handle time) what the most important factor in keeping your job?

AFTER THAT I became a call center TRAINING MANAGER at a local DirecTV call center and that was what we preached as well. Always read the notes. Then we fired people for having too long an AHT.

Can't win.
    Then I retired!
    Last edited by MisterEd; 12-05-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Hmmm, I have 2 independent lines (2 numbers) on my Voipo Grandstream. I do have some occasional problems with dialing out and getting dead air but not a lot and usually to toll free numbers but not (yet) to any "important" numbers. I'd LOVE not being able to make or get calls to my sister though without actually doing it on purpose!

BYOD was part of my problem. It worked fine for years - during the long 'beta. But once BYOD went mainstream, my service went to hell.

My problem; (incoming calls having no audio), has finally been mitigated, by moving me to different SIP server. It's not a new/unknown problem. But it took multiple weeks to re-home me to another SIP server. Too. Damn. Long. Frankly; I had given up hope and the begun to shift to GV.

Based on my experience, I am no longer able to recommend VoIPO to others ... and I used to be a vocal supporter.
    I spend 80% of my money on airplanes & beer. The rest is wasted.