Thread: Still on daylight savings time

Default Still on daylight savings time

What do I need to do so that the time on my home phones (which are on VOIPo) gets set back to standard time? The time still appear to be on daylight savings time and so is one hour ahead.
    Russell

Default Re: Still on daylight savings time

What I do twice yearly is go into my ATA and change the time zone.
    Takes a minute and solves the problem.
    I do have the correct text in the time zone field, but it has never worked.
    I still use the tried and true PAP2. Hasn't missed once since inception.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    What I do twice yearly is go into my ATA and change the time zone.
    Takes a minute and solves the problem.
    I do have the correct text in the time zone field, but it has never worked.
    I still use the tried and true PAP2. Hasn't missed once since inception.
    Thanks, Burris. What you've said confirms it's not me. After you mentioned looking at the ATA, I did the same. Sure enough it said GMT-4. Once I changed that to GMT-5 my time is fixed. I also added the following daylight savings time rule in the next field:

start=3/8/7/2:00;end=11/1/7/2:00;save=1

I guess I'll need to wait till March to see if that kicks in ok.
    Russell

I've had the rule inserted forever but it has never worked. Same on other ATA's I have.

I don't think I'll live long enough to understand the logic of DST.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    I've had the rule inserted forever but it has never worked. Same on other ATA's I have.

I don't think I'll live long enough to understand the logic of DST.
    So what you're saying, burris, is that your PAP2T has "GMT-5" and precisely "start=3/8/7/2:00;end=11/1/7/2:00;save=1" on two subsequent lines (both without the double quotes) and it still does not work? So when you say "What I do twice yearly is go into my ATA and change the time zone.", do you toggle between "GMT-5" for standard time and "GMT-4" for daylight savings time (I notice you're in Florida)?
    Russell

Yep...that is exactly what I do...takes a minute and each toggle is good for 6 months..

Years ago, when I was younger, I went through the trials and tribulations and was given a file cabinet full of instructions about what to change.
    For me, nothing worked except the toggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    So what you're saying, burris, is that your PAP2T has "GMT-5" and precisely "start=3/8/7/2:00;end=11/1/7/2:00;save=1" on two subsequent lines (both without the double quotes) and it still does not work? So when you say "What I do twice yearly is go into my ATA and change the time zone.", do you toggle between "GMT-5" for standard time and "GMT-4" for daylight savings time (I notice you're in Florida)?
    over a year ago i tried that but voipo keep deleting the settings out of my ata and i had the PAP2T so i just started changing the time zone too. Now i don't need to do anything cause i have a 6-line android voip phone that works.

I had the same problem with the time not changing. Created a ticket and they fixed it. I have my provisioning turned on so I don't want to make manual changes. Voipo is supposed to update the configuration (to update the timezone) for all the adapters through their provisioning server but somehow that doesn't work for me the last two times.

It never worked for me either and that is one reason I keep the provisioning off.
    This ranks as probably the least important event in my life, so 30 seconds twice a year works for me.
    The most important however, is the fact that my VOIPo service has worked virtually flawlessly since inception about 6 1/2 years ago.
    For me, the wife factor is the key.