Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obi pre-configured Voipo vs Generic

Default Obi pre-configured Voipo vs Generic

Is there a difference between configuring my Obi202 as a generic provider vs using the pre-configured Voipo config? I have 2 Voipo lines. Is the pre-configured Voipo touching any settings that the generic config is not?

Default Re: Obi pre-configured Voipo vs Generic

Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    Is there a difference between configuring my Obi202 as a generic provider vs using the pre-configured Voipo config? I have 2 Voipo lines. Is the pre-configured Voipo touching any settings that the generic config is not?
    No, it's basically the same settings...just pre-populated to make it easier.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thank you Tim. That's what I thought but wanted to be sure.

Hmm. I'm not getting VM notifications using the VoIPo config from Obitalk. Am I missing something?

Try not using the VOIPO config and entering your information manually. I believe the standard Obi config automatically enables MWI (message waiting indicator). Otherwise you need to go to Obi Expert config -> Voice Service ->SP1 (assuming your device is on SP1) -> Calling Features -> Enable MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable. To enable them you need to remove the check marks already there in order to make changes. If they are already enabled then you may have other issues.
    Good luck!

Thanks - I'll give that a shot.

For anyone else who goes this route (I got hung up at this step) you need to "uncheck" the "device default" boxes, then submit. Then you can go back and check those options and submit again. I was doing it all at the same time, and it wasn't "taking". I had to do each step on it's own for it to work. Now to go call myself to see if it works... ;-)

And, nada.

I'll have to play around a bit more with it. I get voicemail emailed to me, so it's no big deal. Would be nice to have it working though.

Alright...got it sorted out. I had selected "Enable MWIEnable and X_VMWIEnable" along with "Enable MWIEnable2 and X_VMWIEnable2". Selecting Enable MWIEnable2 and X_VMWIEnable2" broke it. :-)

Disabled those and everything appears to be working.

Yes, Enable MWIEnable2 and X_VMWIEnable2 are not checked on my setup nor did I suggest checking them...

Glad to hear everything is working though...

No you sure didn't. I just channeled Commander Clicky and went to town. Documented my stupidity in the hopes that others don't follow in my footsteps. ;-)