Thread: Grandsteam HT502 and Netgear DGND3700

Default Grandsteam HT502 and Netgear DGND3700

Brand new customer trying to connect, unsuccesfully so far.

My Netgear is a router and adsl modem combined. I am using an AT&T DSL connection. Do I have to even attach the HT502 to the wan port of my Netgear? If i do attach the WAN port of the 502 to the wan port of my router, the wan connection lights up on both, I get a dial tone, but I cannot make or receive calls.

With that set up, at least my internet connection works!. If I leave that connected and then connect the lan port of the 502 to one of the ports on my switch (connected to the DGND3700: out of connections on the router, so I added a switch to one of the ports) and then reboot all devices, I then have no internet connection, and I cannot even access the webpage set up of the netgear. The modem acquires a dsl connection, though and the appropriate green lights come on when it does.

If I do not connect the 502 to the WAN port of the Netgear, and only leave the 502 lan connected to the lan port of the switch, I have no internet available, at all, and the phone does not work either. I have re-booted in the order suggested.

In no combination of these wirings does the 502 show up as an attached device on my router or my computer, and I am assuming it should.

In the for what it is worth department, I did go into the configuration of the Netgear and disable SIP alg and rebooted. This had no effect.

Any help that I could get would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Grandsteam HT502 and Netgear DGND3700

plug the grandstream wan into the lan on the router. that is how I have mine. leave the grandstream lan not connected. unless you need it then may have to use a diff ip sub-net.
    if any problems call support.

I shall give that a try when I get home tonight. I had not tried that combination before. The instructions are kind of ambigous. Your are clearly told that the ethernet cable should be plugged into the WAN jack on the 502, but it it rather ambigous as to where you plug the other end on the router.

The instructions for the Netgear seem to contemplate that if you plug a device into the Netgear WAN port, you will be using the device as a router.

Unless the VOIPO set up requires the 502 to act as a router, then I certainly do not need to use the device for that function.

So knowing those facts, I am cautiously optimistic your suggestion will work.

yes the instructions are vague at best. I called support and talked to them and I had to change another setting which I am sure you will have to to . just tell them you are hooking it in behind the router and depends if you have dhcp running on your router.
    good luck

Got home, changed the cables, and was up and running as quickly as I did so. I now have a call-forarding issue with my old number, but I will post it with a properly labeled and tagged title and body.