Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: audio dropping after 15 minutes

Default Re: audio dropping after 15 minutes

We're looking into this, but not able to replicate it with our equipment. Is anyone here using Grandstream having the issue?

It seems like everyone with the issue is using PAP2s so far, right?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    We're looking into this, but not able to replicate it with our equipment. Is anyone here using Grandstream having the issue?

It seems like everyone with the issue is using PAP2s so far, right?
    Yup, atleast me. I will test using X-lite or Express Talk softphone sometime today or during the weekend and report back.

Most of my calls have been less than 15 mins, because I'm the only one to use the line most of the time. But over the past few days, our primary service has been through the Carrier system with an Asterisk user agent. No disconnect issues there that I've noticed (my wife surely would have told me! )

Did it to me two more times today, once on my call to 801-349-94XX and once on the call to 303-280-33XX. these are outgoing calls that I make, and the symptom is that I cannot hear the called party after 15 minutes of call duration -- they can hear me fine. I've got the VOIPO-provided PAP2 -- and don't have this problem with the other VOIP providers.

So that we can confirm this is isolated to the PAP2s, can both of you PM me an address to send a Grandstream unit to?

We have a slew of problems like this with the Linksys devices when we were originally testing them and I think this can easily be resolved by swapping them out. There's just not really anything on our end with a timer like that so I'm pretty sure it's device related.

This way we can be sure to see if it resolves it or if it's a larger issue to look at.

-Tim

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBB View Post
    Did it to me two more times today, once on my call to 801-349-94XX and once on the call to 303-280-33XX. these are outgoing calls that I make, and the symptom is that I cannot hear the called party after 15 minutes of call duration -- they can hear me fine. I've got the VOIPO-provided PAP2 -- and don't have this problem with the other VOIP providers.

Quote Originally Posted by myvoip07 View Post
    Is it happening only on some calls or all calls which are > 15mins?
    I have also noticed that after 15mins it disconnects mine also.

Incoming seems to be fine, problems with outgoing some sort.

By the way i did a test with FWD-FWD and it was fine for more then 25min's

I did a incoming test for more then 20 min's and it worked fine. Here is what i did. From Grand Central webcall called my Ipkall# which is forward to my FWD# on 1st pap2 and GC# is forwarded to ring my voipo# on other pap2.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

So that we can confirm this is isolated to the PAP2s, can both of you PM me an address to send a Grandstream unit to?

We have a slew of problems like this with the Linksys devices when we were originally testing them and I think this can easily be resolved by swapping them out. There's just not really anything on our end with a timer like that so I'm pretty sure it's device related.

This way we can be sure to see if it resolves it or if it's a larger issue to look at.

-Tim
    PM with mailing address as requested..

-Tim
    I thought this sounded familiar. It sounds like the same 15 minute problem I was reporting about having with the Zoom back 24Sep07! I was _not_ having it with the asterisk-based number, so it appeared related to equipment then.

So far this has worked for RockyBB and also cleared up an issue he posted about a while back with problems recording VM messages.

Once we sent him a Grandstream ATA things immediately cleared up.

myvoip07 - Did you receive yours yet?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBB View Post
    I just started having this exact same issue. What has changed? Also If I hurry and click flash or talk button on phone it will allow us to continue the conversation. This has just started and I'm using a pap2 also.

Once we sent him a Grandstream ATA things immediately cleared up.

myvoip07 - Did you receive yours yet?
    Yes, i received it and configured very early this morning and did a test call after 9:30pm today for more then 15mins but less then 1/2 hr and it worked fine with HT286.