Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Android and Voipo

Default Re: Android and Voipo

I've not succeeded with Android am asking here because Voipo's official support responded:
    "Unfortunately we are not able to provide support for 3rd party devices or applications with our service as their are too many variables out of our control."

So my situation: I've got a Sprint HTC Evo, no longer connected to cell service but works fine on wifi. I've tried both Linphone and CSIPSimple and have the same results. I can initiate a call and receive a call successfully, but I cannot get sound to send or receive either direction with either sent or received calls.

Does it matter that my standard Voipo Grandstream adapter is still plugged in at home to attached standard phones? I don't want to disconnect that either. On my secure.voipo.com shows both Linphone and CSIPSimple as registered devices as well as the Grandstream device.

I installed both csipsimple and sipdroid. sipdroid worked right away, but csipsimple isn't working. Both are configured with the same account information, and my only goal at this moment is to use the apps to make outgoing calls. When I attempt a call with csipsimple it acts like it's making the call, and the call timer starts but I never hear a ring, and it eventually gives up.

Thoughts?

Is there any way to change the Caller-ID in Sipdroid (or any other SIP app) for outgoing calls?

Quote Originally Posted by pjo1966 View Post
    Is there any way to change the Caller-ID in Sipdroid (or any other SIP app) for outgoing calls?

When calling through Voipo the SIP caller id headers are ignored and set to the ANI they have on file.

I have CSipSimple and it works great! https://market.android.com/details?i...2lwc2ltcGxlIl0.

I have Sipdroid working on my phone for outgoing phone calls but I haven't been able to get the receiving calls to work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
    Rhonda

I'm having the same problem as Rhonda. I installed Sipdroid today on my Android device and can make outgoing calls, but the incoming calls do not ring on the softphone.

I got a little further with with CSipSimple. I can make outgoing calls, and incoming calls will ring on the softphone, but I cannot hear the caller and the caller cannot hear me.
    Last edited by mikeb; 03-28-2012 at 05:35 PM.

I was able fix the problem of not hearing the caller using CSipSimple on my Android device.

I enabled ICE and STUN in CSipSimple:
    Settings > Network > Enable ICE
    Settings > Network > Enable STUN
    Settings > Network > STUN servers - I used the Voipo STUN server: zeus.voipwelcome.com

Incoming and outgoing calls are working normally.

I tried using STUN on Sipdroid, but it still doesn't allow incoming calls. Maybe I'll try CSipSimple. Who knows? thanks.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has had any success using voipo as a softphone app on their android via WIFI? If so, which voip softphone software were you using? Also; if you are provisioned with your softphone, what affect does it have on your normal voipo at home with the voip adapter?

I have a business/personal trip coming up around November/December. I'll be out of the country for a little while. Mostly in the Caribbean. Virgin Islands, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, Belize, Mexico, and a couple other places. I don't want to register my cell phone for service down there because it's a bit expensive. My son was just in Peru for a month and we tried to use Skype between his phone and mine, but it was totally choppy. Not sure if the government affects the ports on internet traffic in Peru or not. I believe the couple times I've used Skype in the USA, it worked OK. But I'd like to try VoipO if it is available. If not, I will take my chances with Skype. Any experience? Thanks... Mike....
    One of my daughters was just in Paris for the past 2 weeks and Skype worked flawlessly both video and voice. It was like she was in the next room. I was totally blown away. She was just using her iPhone 4 on hotel wi-fi.