Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Android and Voipo

Default Re: Android and Voipo

Bria, 3cx, all work awesome. I use them with different SIP providers and it always works will.

I have had several Android phones and they've all had built-in softphone. On my current Nexus Galaxy it's under Phone > Settings > Internet Call Settings. For each SIP account there are fields for username, password, server and a couple of options (server, port, proxy, etc).

1) why would anyone want to install an extra piece of software like sipdroid? Is there any advantage over the built-in/stock version?

2) what do I need to enter into these fields to get Voipo to work on my mobile? Yes I guess it's a dumb question but all the FAQ/user guides from Voipo assume you're using their preset equipemnt and claim you just have to plug it into the network for it to work.

I've tried SipDroid and the built-in softphone. At first, I was only able to use sipDroid at all, and required a STUN server. Then I found there was some kind of SIP NAT-traversal setting enabled on my router which was actually causing more harm than good. Once I disabled that, I was able to use the built-in softphone.

However, I am unable to receive calls in both, though I am able to make calls. The built-in softphone has poor (incoming and outgoing) audio quality, and sipDroid seems to have good incoming audio quality, but outgoing audio is not working at all, and I've tried several different codec configurations.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2 View Post
    I've tried SipDroid and the built-in softphone. At first, I was only able to use sipDroid at all, and required a STUN server. Then I found there was some kind of SIP NAT-traversal setting enabled on my router which was actually causing more harm than good. Once I disabled that, I was able to use the built-in softphone.

However, I am unable to receive calls in both, though I am able to make calls. The built-in softphone has poor (incoming and outgoing) audio quality, and sipDroid seems to have good incoming audio quality, but outgoing audio is not working at all, and I've tried several different codec configurations.
    For the most part, I have no issue making or receiving calls using the built-in client in ICS—the quality is generally good (particularly since VOIPo replaced their BYOD server). That said, have you tried configuring the proxy in the built-in client?

Bink, since you appear to have Voipo working with the built-in client in ICS would you mind sharing how to set it up? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ourhelpdesk View Post
    Bink, since you appear to have Voipo working with the built-in client in ICS would you mind sharing how to set it up? Thanks!
    I’ll try to post some screenshots at my next opportunity—perhaps later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Bink View Post
    I’ll try to post some screenshots at my next opportunity—perhaps later today.
    To configure this on my phone, I, basically, go to the Dialer, Settings, Accounts and create the account—and screenshots of how my account is configured are at http://cdn.anonfiles.com/1336748856319.png and http://cdn.anonfiles.com/1336748876946.png (I tried to upload them here, but the forum kept complaining these are not “valid image files.”). Additionally, underneath Accounts I have Use Internet calling For all calls when data network is available.

My Username, which is removed from the screenshot, is, simply, my phone number and my password is the password you will find for BYOD in vPanel (while accessing the BYOD credentials is non-obvious, it’s there). For the Optional settings, while Send keep-alive is Automatic, and this tends to work fine for me at home (using Wi-Fi), I need to set it to Always to reliably receive calls when on 4G (but this takes quite a toll on battery life).

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Bink; 05-11-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Thanks.

What is vpanel ? - do you mean the voip control panel at https://cp.voipwelcome.com ? I don't see any BYOD references anywhere there?

I tried using the password I used for creating the account but that didn't seem to work - I get the error "Account registration unsuccesfull (registration timed out) will try later."

vPanel https://secure.voipo.com/ User ID= VOIPo phone number
    After the VOIPo device has connected and registered then
    https://secure.voipo.com/preferences/softphone the BYOD credentials will work

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Hm, thanks,... but it doesn't work.

I created an account - full service line - and got a number and a password. I go to https://secure.voipo.com and enter this number and password, but the form just returns blank.

Do I have to wait some time from creating the number till trying to login?

I'm not using a VOIPo device, I'm using my Android phone's built in VOIP device (which I have working with other providers and other users here confirm work with VOIPo) - and there is no option to connect and register until you have a usable password. A bit of a catch-22 if I understand you right.....