Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad goodbye

Default Sad goodbye

After several years of very good service with VOIPO I will be leaving after getting a great triple Play deal from Comcast that I just could not refuse. I'll be paying less for the 3 separate services with my new deal and getting a lot more in features than I am getting now with TV and Internet. I recently signed up for 2 years with VOIPO and I was wondering if I would be eligible for reimbursement of the money for the remaining time I have left.
    Once again ,great company and very sorry I am leaving. It has been a great couple of years with fantastic service.
    Bob
    Edgewater Park NJ

Default Re: Sad goodbye

I'm sure you are aware that if the deal you got from Comcast is the introductory one for a year, the price escalates considerably after that period.

If you got a fixed contract and are happy, enjoy..

Be sure to let us know what features you might miss the most.
    I have Comcast for Cable and Internet, but will not trust my number to them, but that is me.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

I had the Triple Play and eventually dropped Comcast as a phone provider and switched to VOIPo. Most of my reasoning was the call blocking. I could only block twelve numbers at a time with Comcast, wild-cards were not allowed, they wouldn't allow me to block solicitors for political parties because of their interpretation of Do-Not-Call rules, and I couldn't send "disconnected" tones. When I discovered VOIPo allowed all that at 1/4 the price, I jumped on it.

The irony is that I was unsure if I wanted a pure VoIP service until Comcast raised my Internet bandwidth to 20mb. Improvements in their Internet service was the catalyst for dropping their phone service!

Since the cash outlay for VOIPo is already spent, you might want to hang onto it until you are sure Comcast gives you all you want. Of course, that may be difficult if you are porting your number.
    Last edited by MarkTomlinson; 08-23-2011 at 10:14 PM.

[QUOTE=MarkTomlinson;24727
    Since the cash outlay for VOIPo is already spent, you might want to hang onto it until you are sure Comcast gives you all you want. Of course, that may be difficult if you are porting your number.[/QUOTE]

X2, you already spent the money, you might as well get a new number from Comcast and see how it compares? You can always port later?

I am leaving Directv. Every time there was a rain cloud in the sky I lost my picture. After 6 years with them I decided to go back to Comcast. . I'm getting 50MBPS Internet speed compared to 1mbps with my old DSL Verizon . I am also getting HBO,Showtime and Starz for 2 years. After a year the cost will increase $20/month. My son has comcast voip for over a year now and is very happy with it. Even with the increase in a year it will be about what I am paying now for a rain free TV and a much faster Internet which kept going out almost every day. I had to reset the modem down stair to get it back to speed. There is also up to a $100 that I will be reimbursed if I get charged for leaving Directv. A HD DVR plus 2 additional TV set-ups . Like I said I am sad about leaving VOIPO but I am getting a much improved system for less money
    Bob
    Edgewater Park NJ

Bob, it's too bad that you didn't get your satellite issue fixed, as it seems you must have had a misaligned dish. But it's good that you're happy with your new service.
    Steve

That was the breaking point. They wanted to charge me for aligning the dish. I still will be getting a better overall system for less money. I would have done it months ago but I didn't want to go to the trouble of a new installation. It was a good system until in started raining...We just went through the rainiest August in history.
    Bob
    Edgewater Park NJ

Quote Originally Posted by roehrle View Post
    That was the breaking point. They wanted to charge me for aligning the dish. I still will be getting a better overall system for less money. I would have done it months ago but I didn't want to go to the trouble of a new installation. It was a good system until in started raining...We just went through the rainiest August in history.
    That was pretty much my breaking point as well. I was shocked amazed at how much better a picture I got with Comcastl. And the Internet service beat the crap out of DSL. But when I learned I could get cable and Internet at the same price with their Double Play offer, I dropped the phone and switched to VOIPo.

You all definitely had equipment issues. If you have your Directv dish aligned properly, it is not possible to get a "Better Picture" with a cable company. Why Because cable companies use more multiplexing and muxing to receive all of those stations, and then rebroadcast them to you. I'm not saying Satellite is considerably better. Simply that it's not possible for cable to have a better picture than satellite; unless your dish isn't aligned properly.

I live in Wyoming. One of 2 of the WINDIEST Cities in the entire country. "Recognized nationally". We have the cold, the snow, and the wind. Put it this way. When we listen to the news/weather and they mention 60-70mph winds with the Hurricane or storm on the east coast or gulf, we giggle. "That was TUESDAY here". Point is; my satellite service is perfect. Even when we have HEAVY storms. Maybe 3-4 times a year will I lose signal. Out of those 4 times, 2 is snow on the dish. I simply walk outside with a broom, and the problem is fixed. Maybe twice a year for a few minutes during a massive storm, will I lose tv signal. No big deal. Cable has their down time too. Anyone who says their cable has never been out, hasn't had it long enough.

I have cable for internet. 30mb/5mb service. I have directv for tv. And I have voipo for phone. I am willing to pay a little more to have freedom. Freedom to change internet providers or TV and not have the hassle of affecting my phone or the other service. Also; when cable goes out, EVERYTHING goes out in the triple play. No TV, No Internet, and No Phone. If my internet goes out, my voipo has failover to my cell phone. If my Directv is down, I go on the internet and watch netflix, hulu, or other tv source. When the full price kicks in, you WILL be paying more for your cable, tv, and phone with the cable company. Unless you chose less service. I have everything possible on directv. EVERYTHING. Including HD. Cable can't even touch that. Let alone for the same price. Best of luck to you.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!