Thread: Old ATT Number is dead, but no notification of port success

Default Old ATT Number is dead, but no notification of port success

Got home tonight, and noticed that my old ATT number is dead. No dial tone: this number has been disconnected or is no longer in service announcment when you call it.

My dry loop service has been active now for about two weeks, and I have been using the old phone/dsl line for phone only. I have not received any notice from VOIPO that the port has gone through, however, and my original VOIPO number is still working.

On the port request, I asked to have my ATT number become my VOIPO number. The port request was placed in queue by VOIPO on or about August 12.

I am not sure how long the old line has been disconnected. It may have been as long ago as yesterday. My son told me today that he did not think the telephone was working yesterday.

Could there be a two day (or longer) delay between ATT disconnecting the old number and VOIPO having that number working after the port is complete?

Just wondering.

Default Re: Old ATT Number is dead, but no notification of port success

Your best bet is to contact Voipo's support group to find out the status of your port.

Sorry to leave this hanging. Called support. The port had gone through, but VOIPO will still getting it working on their end to get it provisioned. They had everything up and working by the end of the day. All working nicely since, and I am very happy with the service.

Got a "Sorry to Lose You" letter in the mail today from AT&T, and it reminded me of this post and the need to follow up on it.

Wow, you got a letter from ATT? Verizon never sent me anything. So be it. I don't miss them, nor their outrageous phone bill.