Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to hook your house up to the ATA adater guide.

Default Re: How to hook your house up to the ATA adater guide.

That was how I used to have it until I realized no dealing with wiring or phonejacks was necessary with multi-handset cordless phones. 2 18" phone cords (I have 2 lines) from ATA to base ... done.

Default Re: How to hook your house up to the ATA adater guide.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    That was how I used to have it until I realized no dealing with wiring or phonejacks was necessary with multi-handset cordless phones. 2 18" phone cords (I have 2 lines) from ATA to base ... done.
    That's great as long as you only have the need to service phone(s).........but there are a number of people including myself who use the phone wiring in the house to feed a phone line to our DVR's for Caller ID. IMO, this is one heck of a great feature while watching TV......to see who's calling before getting off the couch!

Budmaster, I'm glad you got it figured out. I posted a similar how-to-do over in the DSLR forum a month ago using the wiring method or alternatively using L1/L2 line splitters. In this case, the person had an older home which had only 2 pairs of wiring in the house (red/green and black/yellow). The only difference in newer homes is they usually have 3 pairs of wiring which are normally blue/white-blue (Line 1), orange/white-orange (Line 2), and green/white-green (normally not used).

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r271...ng-phone-lines
    Last edited by tritch; 06-12-2012 at 07:36 AM.