Thread: All Inbound Calls get a dialtone when answered

Default All Inbound Calls get a dialtone when answered

What would cause this? Any calls we answer get an immediate dialtone when picked up. Outbound calls are fine. Rebooting router and ata seems to have solved it.

ATA is in DMZ so all ports are available.

Default Re: All Inbound Calls get a dialtone when answered

Usually just means the audio stream isn't getting through. So the call connects but then when audio tries to it fails. The device and router need rebooted once in a while so if it's possible one just needed a reboot. We see cases where routers lock up for some traffic (I believe they run out of virtual ports or something) but still pass others.

Another possibility is that we did maintenance last night so your device may have no properly reconnected.

If it's something you see frequently then it's likely an issue, but if it's just a one-time thing (or very infrequent) then it's likely nothing to worry about and just related to the maintenance or needing a reboot.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Usually just means the audio stream isn't getting through. So the call connects but then when audio tries to it fails. The device and router need rebooted once in a while so if it's possible one just needed a reboot. We see cases where routers lock up for some traffic (I believe they run out of virtual ports or something) but still pass others.

Another possibility is that we did maintenance last night so your device may have no properly reconnected.

If it's something you see frequently then it's likely an issue, but if it's just a one-time thing (or very infrequent) then it's likely nothing to worry about and just related to the maintenance or needing a reboot.
    Yea, one time first time. Thanks. Things have been pretty smooth.

... deleted post... this is NOT the thread where I posted it! ...
    Last edited by LoadStar; 09-06-2011 at 08:43 PM.

I have the exact same problem but this is non stop. Support has not been able to help me resolve this since day 1. I just got this service a little over 30 days ago as a reseller, and so far it has not been a good experience. Also, the custom contacts setup in the portal does not reflect on the caller id when receiving a call. Nobody has done any real troubleshooting, but apparently this is NOT an isolated issue, like tech support keeps saying. I have had other voip providers in the past and have never experienced this issue before.

If this issue does not get resolved soon, I will have to find another provider that I can also resell at the same time.

Does anyone have a resolution for this? I have also put the adapter in front of my router and get the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by platinumws View Post
    Does anyone have a resolution for this? I have also put the adapter in front of my router and get the same results.
    You'll need to work with support on this to troubleshoot your network. We don't have any issues on our end. If you have a ticket number I'm happy to have a Tier II agent contact you to try to help you track down the issue on your end.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook