Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: General Launch Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default General Launch Update

Here is a general update for the week.

For the time being, our staffing issues are resolved. We have three new very competent guys (Norm, Ray, and Atle) on board with the goal of taking us into launch on the technical side.

We'll make some specific announcements about them later and get them involved on the forums. All 3 have experience with building and maintaining large VoIP networks.

They are currently cleaning things up a little, finishing any remaining items, and making sure we are set in terms of redundancy and disaster recovery.

We are continuing to aggressively pursue potential employees and intend to hire as many as we can find.

We have deployed a new group of servers and will be creating beta and production environments in the next week or so. We are also launching a more organized bug tracking system for the BETA and will be laying out some specifics in terms of what we'd really like help with in terms of testing things.

Our CDR engine is being redone from scratch and the new version will be included in the new environments. It should be close to instant again.

With the new environment, we also have some VM changes coming including MWI and a fix for the issue Fisamo reported. I know MWI has been a requested feature for a while.

Once we've cleaned things up and are ready, we plan to launch to the public with a very enticing offer in what we'll call a "Public Beta" launch. We'll be offering the service at or below cost primarily just for marketing purposes. This will allow us to launch in a semi controlled manner in terms of signups and provides a hefty discount to cover any occasional minor issues that may come up. Our first priority will be keeping the actual phone service online and available at all times. This public beta will only happen when we are 100% confident we won't be seeing any minor outages. We expect any minor issues that crop up to be related to features...not service.

We're getting very very close. Shouldn't be too much longer.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Default Re: General Launch Update

Things are getting exciting

Thumbs up Re: General Launch Update

Awesome! I'm so glad I got in on this beta adventure

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

Sounds great. Are you still planning on using Asterisk voicemail, or something else? (It seems to be a bit late in the game for home-growing a new platform, but I do hope to see something a bit more friendly than the Asterisk VM system.)

Operator...I've been Cut off! (Marie Antoinette's Last Voip Call)

I may even bite the bullet and port my VT number over.

Have they been easy to port from?

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    I may even bite the bullet and port my VT number over.

Have they been easy to port from?
    My port was painless. Took about a couple weeks to complete and my Voipo line started ringing without any service interruptions.

My VT line still works for outbound calls, but I'm paid up for a few more months anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Montano View Post
    My port was painless. Took about a couple weeks to complete and my Voipo line started ringing without any service interruptions.

My VT line still works for outbound calls, but I'm paid up for a few more months anyways.
    I stopped using my VT line because of un-reliabilty. I have a CallVantage line now (paid for by employer) and might be enticed into porting especially with the 80% for life beta discount.....lol

Did you opt for VOIPo modem and do you have both it and your VT adapter both hooked up together?

Thanks, me too as far as VT is concerned. I already have the entire unit packed up with ALL parts and wires. I'll probably ship it back as soon as my line ports.
    I have the PaP2 from them, even have the twist ties the unit came with.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by NY Tel Guy View Post
    Thanks, me too as far as VT is concerned. I already have the entire unit packed up with ALL parts and wires. I'll probably ship it back as soon as my line ports.
    I have the PaP2 from them, even have the twist ties the unit came with.....lol
    The good thing is that with porting, Level3 does NOT notify the actual customer (like VT). Most Tier1's are like this. That's why with VoIP providers you typically need to cancel your service AFTER the port whereas with traditional landlines, the cancellation would be automatic.

While this is traditionally a pain, it can be used to your advantage because VT won't know when the port completes and you can form a strategy as to how to time your cancellation to avoid the ridiculous cancellation fee hoops (IMO) they've recently added.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook