Thread: Verizon FIOS- Voipo Issues

Default Verizon FIOS- Voipo Issues

Hi,

I recently purchased Voipo but am having issues getting a call to complete.

I live in Verizon FIOS networked community. My house came pre-wired with Verizon FIOS, so we have a central box in the basement that routes all the traffic. Specifically, we have an Actiontec MI424WR router.

Here is what I did:

- Plugged in the Grandstand device as instructed. I plugged this into a wall ethernet jack outlet and connected to the WAN port. I connected my PC to the LAN port. I then plugged in my cordless phone to the PHONE port.

- I get a dial tone.

- Whenever I try to dial ANY number, I get a busy signal.

I referred to the instructions and noted that I didn't see much activity or "updating" on the Grandstand. I also reset my router (power on/off), but that didn't help.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is there some specific configuration that I need to perform? Folks that live in my neighborhood made it sound like it was simply "plug and play". Not sure why it isn't in this case. Thanks for the help.

Default Re: Verizon FIOS- Voipo Issues

Have you forwarded the ports on the Actiontec to the Grandstream?

Quote Originally Posted by bdyelton View Post
    Have you forwarded the ports on the Actiontec to the Grandstream?
    Or just put it in the routers DMZ. I have Fios with the same router and VOIPo works pretty well.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 09-09-2011 at 10:06 PM.

Try plugging the Grandstream DIRECTLY into the Actiontec LAN port and see what happens with your phone. That will eliminate any other issues. If it works that way your wiring it is the problem. Of course your best bet would be to contact support. It's probably something simple.

I'm having the same issue as the OP. Same router. Plugged into WAN ports on the Grandstream and the fios router, but get a busy signal when I dial out. Tried the LAN ports, didn't get anything. I can't seem to find any documentation on making this connection with fios, but people seem to do it. Is there something I need to do?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTooBad View Post
    I'm having the same issue as the OP. Same router. Plugged into WAN ports on the Grandstream and the fios router, but get a busy signal when I dial out. Tried the LAN ports, didn't get anything. I can't seem to find any documentation on making this connection with fios, but people seem to do it. Is there something I need to do?
    Connecting with Fios should be no different than connecting with any other internet provider. You need to go from the GRANDSTREAM WAN PORT to the ACTIONTEC REGULAR ethernet port (not WAN). The Actionterc ETHERNET WAN PORT is not active on FIOS if you have COAX going to it.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 12-03-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks Mr Ed. You are correct. I connected it to a LAN port (as opposed to the WAN port, which the installation Guide says to do), reset all of the devices and restarted the computer, then waited a few minutes, and it worked.

Thanks!