Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Busy Signal Outgoing Calls

Default Re: Busy Signal Outgoing Calls

Chevy, what ISP is involved? Is this one of the cable providers? Comcast, TWC, Charter, Cox, etc?

I'm getting sporadic reports of busy on outbound as well, mostly from customers using one of those cable services.

Most of it seems to go away when I move them to SIP7.

I suspect voipo can't duplicate it, because they are not able to test via Comcast, Time Warner, etc. But I can't confirm that.

I just had another customer call for support this morning.

I had switched them from SIP7 to SIP during the SIP7 outage.

Not long after the switch, they started having trouble with busy signals on outbound calls, and also trouble getting voicemail.

I switched them back to SIP7 and all problems solved.

They are using Comcast for internet.

There definitely seems to be some issue between some Comcast users (and some other cable users) and the SIP server, but SIP7 works for them.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    I just had another customer call for support this morning.

I had switched them from SIP7 to SIP during the SIP7 outage.

Not long after the switch, they started having trouble with busy signals on outbound calls, and also trouble getting voicemail.

I switched them back to SIP7 and all problems solved.

They are using Comcast for internet.

There definitely seems to be some issue between some Comcast users (and some other cable users) and the SIP server, but SIP7 works for them.
    This may be a stupid question, but, how do you switch your customers to sip7 from your end?

Most of my customers are using byod devices. So if I'm lucky, I can simply instruct them to change the address in their device. But for less tech savvy customers, I have to log in remotely and do it for them... which is a big pain when a bunch all need to be switched on the same day.

That is why I wish we could map our own domains. We could change the mapping at anytime, to redirect an entire group of customers to a different server.

I'm able to do that with another voip service, and it works perfectly.

We've had to switch several more comcast users back over to SIP7 today.

I have an open ticket for another comcast user who is suffering from various outbound calling issues. I'm leaving them on SIP for now, in hopes that support can resolve these issues. I may have to move them to SIP7 soon though, if no other solution can be found.

Interesting thing is that they have been using the regular SIP server for a fairly long time (a year or more) without issues, until this past week or two. Now they are suddenly having trouble like so many others.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Chevy, what ISP is involved? Is this one of the cable providers? Comcast, TWC, Charter, Cox, etc?

I'm getting sporadic reports of busy on outbound as well, mostly from customers using one of those cable services.

Most of it seems to go away when I move them to SIP7.

I suspect voipo can't duplicate it, because they are not able to test via Comcast, Time Warner, etc. But I can't confirm that.
    sorry i didn't back sooner just got done doing a 31 hour server upgrade.

the busy calls are going to Comcast, sprint, t-mobile, vonagebusiness and 800 numbers to name a few, i don't think it matters, but i know calls to other Voipo numbers don't get a busy.

One thing i have been fighting with Voipo on is the *codes, that every time i do a star-code i get a busy signal even though the code went through and sometimes i would get the "Thank You" response.

Now switching to the sip7 the busy has gone away and i get the "thank you" on every *-code.

Today i had a VM and went to delete it with "7" and nothing happen it just kept playing it so i hung up the phone, then a minute later the message light went out.

I'm loosing faith in Voipo

As for what internet service some of my customers use, one is a small town cable, centurylink and i tried at&t wireless android app was doing it.

Are they using a particular voip device? Or does that vary as well?

GL

They are using different voip devices mostly business voip phones. I also found out the 'digits' are not working on VM so I had to change the sip7 ones to 'inband'.
    Plus the old sip.voipwelcome.com they are getting busy signal to VM too, which is strange as calls going to Voipo wasn't doing the busy problem.

now i'm having problems with sip7! can't make any calls and registration is flaky.

I just did a trace of sip and sip7 and they are both going to chicago to some company liquidweb.com and not to texas as its been for years, did Voipo change servers?