Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: SMS extremely slow

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default SMS extremely slow

    Hi,

    I have noticed in the last 24-hours that SMS is taking at least 20 minutes to deliver, and sometimes, many hours to deliver. This is, of course, making SMS quite worthless right now.

    Anyone else seeing this problem? Response from support to my ticket and subsequent comments has been practically non-existent. I got one response to essentially "try it again", but it was no better.

    Karl L.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: SMS extremely slow

    I see it shows on "CP" as pending for a while until it gets emailed, maybe there email system is getting overloaded.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: SMS extremely slow

    The receiving party does not receive the SMS for hours, or even half a day or longer. SMS is not based on traffic on an email server.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,044

    Default Re: SMS extremely slow

    I just checked and a developer told me we had a bit of a backlog yesterday but it should be cleared up now. Can you confirm if your delivery timeframe is normal now?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: SMS extremely slow

    Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    I just checked and a developer told me we had a bit of a backlog yesterday but it should be cleared up now. Can you confirm if your delivery timeframe is normal now?
    now i'm getting 6 hour sms, Voipo is going to hell. first the sip & sip7 problems, then forward numbers going to VM, then sms 6-8 hour delay and now VM problems.

    What is going on TIM?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: SMS extremely slow

    What voicemail problems are you having? Since yesterday I hae not gotten MWI or voicemails reaching my phone. Luckily they go to my mobile phone as well or I wouldn't even know they were there.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,044

    Default Re: SMS extremely slow

    Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    now i'm getting 6 hour sms, Voipo is going to hell. first the sip & sip7 problems, then forward numbers going to VM, then sms 6-8 hour delay and now VM problems.

    What is going on TIM?
    Support volume is actually really low, but we're growing fast so there definitely aren't any widespread issues.

    The SMS backlog was caused by a user forwarding their SMS back to their own number which caused an infinite loop of messages and backlogged the SMS queue. Once we resolved it, they did it again the next day and then we looked into it further and realized what was happening so we added more logic into SMS handling to prevent loops.

    SMS should be back to normal now.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,044

    Default Re: SMS extremely slow

    Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    What voicemail problems are you having? Since yesterday I hae not gotten MWI or voicemails reaching my phone. Luckily they go to my mobile phone as well or I wouldn't even know they were there.
    Can you open a ticket on this?

    Yesterday we deployed new faster MWI logic on our network so MWI is being handled a little differently now (and supposed to be faster/better). Please open a ticket with specifics if MWI is not working for you so we can look into that.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: SMS extremely slow

    Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Can you open a ticket on this?

    Yesterday we deployed new faster MWI logic on our network so MWI is being handled a little differently now (and supposed to be faster/better). Please open a ticket with specifics if MWI is not working for you so we can look into that.
    Hi Tim. I've already opened a ticket and have spoken by voice to support. Support did some testing and was able to duplicate the issue on their side. They then escalated to Level 2 support. If you'd like I can forward you the email I've received. Ticket # is #MRW-859-19995.
    Thanks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irvine CA
    Posts
    1,542,128,044

    Default Re: SMS extremely slow

    Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    Hi Tim. I've already opened a ticket and have spoken by voice to support. Support did some testing and was able to duplicate the issue on their side. They then escalated to Level 2 support. If you'd like I can forward you the email I've received. Ticket # is #MRW-859-19995.
    Thanks.
    I had a developer take a look and reply. He marked one of your old messages as new to test it and said the device responded properly. If you're still seeing issues, please let him know in that ticket and he'll continue to look at it.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

    Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •