Thread: Long delay between dialing and call ringing, and dead air on some incoming calls.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Long delay between dialing and call ringing, and dead air on some incoming calls.

1. Call dialed, sometimes 30 seconds of silence, sometimes 15 seconds, sometimes instant ringing, Has anyone heard of this or know of a solution for it?

2. Some incoming calls I pick up, no one there, line dead for next 30 seconds or it will ring nonstop until I restart device or leave it off the hook for a few minutes.

Default Re: Long delay between dialing and call ringing, and dead air on some incoming calls.

Quote Originally Posted by gnozzard View Post
    1. Call dialed, sometimes 30 seconds of silence, sometimes 15 seconds, sometimes instant ringing, Has anyone heard of this or know of a solution for it?

2. Some incoming calls I pick up, no one there, line dead for next 30 seconds or it will ring nonstop until I restart device or leave it off the hook for a few minutes.
    #1: Maybe 20% of the time.

#2: Never

RE: #1: I just hang up and dial again it it usually goes right through. Been happening for years. It's a nuisance but I just live with it.

Default Re: Long delay between dialing and call ringing, and dead air on some incoming calls.

Quote Originally Posted by gnozzard View Post

We actually just pushed out some new updates to our network today that may have resolved some of this. As different carrier networks change over time, we sometimes have to add in various "fixes" to standardize traffic since none of them really conform to be the same. We just pushed out a big batch of these about an hour ago so it's very possible your issues may be resolved.

Can you see if you're still having issues or anyone else that has been having random issues where there's no audio?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I'm having the same problem. One of my two Voipo accounts just stopped dialing out. I can call my other voipo line, but every other call just gives dead air. Not even a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim M View Post

I'm having the same problem. One of my two Voipo accounts just stopped dialing out. I can call my other voipo line, but every other call just gives dead air. Not even a ring.
    Please contact support @ voipo.com and we'll be able to help you troubleshoot this.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I had a problem like this after TWC changed my modem to an Arris DG1670A. Unfortunately it's the only modem they currently supply with their higher service levels. Tried adding the GrandStream to the Arris DMZ, disabling ALG, messing around with firewall settings without any change. Finally put the Arris into bridge mode and used a different router. Things then went back to working properly.

Unhappy Re: Long delay between dialing and call ringing, and dead air on some incoming calls.

I have had similar problems over a year but worst in the last 6 months. I know it is not my network or my hardware because my friend whom I referred to VOIPO has same problem. Only way to restore service is to power recycle the adapter.

Symptoms start with dead end when dialing out, then caller ID will stop working and finally incoming will also stop working. Some times when you have a second call coming in while on caller waiting, existing conversation will go silent. Eventually no dial tone! If you try to reset adapter with *99-9-9 option also it won't work. Ultimately you need to power recycle your adapter. This will happen like 2-3 times a month at least.

I have opened few tickets in the past as for caller ID, incoming etc as soon as they are noticed but eventually it will start working after a power recycle. Lately I stopped opening tickets as soon as I realized that I am not alone with the same issues. Now I believe this is a generic problem either with VOIPO network or with HT702 adapter. Either way, not a happy ending. End of the day I reiterate myself that you get what you paid for!
    Last edited by JacobsLive; 05-28-2015 at 09:29 PM. Reason: quote removed, styling