Thread: No posts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No posts?

How come nobody posts in the forums anymore?
    City Wide Phone
    where the talk is cheap!

Default Re: No posts?

If everyone's service works as well as mine, there's not much to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by burris View Post
    If everyone's service works as well as mine, there's not much to talk about.
    Not sure if my sarcasm meter is out of adjustment or not, but we've experienced outage after outage the past month or so.

We have had the same issues, many outages. Just tired of resellers not being a valued customer.
    Joe Siepka

In voipo's defense, I think they are victims of their own rapid success. Successful companies often outgrow their initial business plan and vision horizon. Then they have to start "winging it" and handling issues on the fly.

Best thing for a business in that situation is to slow down, regroup, spend a little time making a solid game plan for the "next" 5 to 10 years.

It sounds like they are doing that. Tim has indicated that they are focusing their development manpower on improving stability and reliability, first.

I'd be totally content with having zero new features over the next 12 months, if that meant zero wide service outages during that same time frame.

One thing I'm not sure if their dev team does, is version and revision tracking, with thorough documentation of changes. Perform testing on offline systems before pushing updates to the live systems.

I'd also suggest pushing updates only once a month, maybe late night on a Friday. Have all hands on deck during upgrades. That way if there's an issue, they can detect it and resolve it before most businesses would notice on Monday morning.

Also, better monitoring of various server failure points... SIP, SIP7, Fax, Cloud PBX, Control Panel, etc. I try to monitor them all myself now using "EasyNetMonitor". I often report fairly major outages before voipo is aware of them.

All in all, I'm optimistic that the network will become more stable. But in the back of my mind, I'm terrified by the spectre of a major outage that would result in the majority of my customers jumping ship.

If it's any help... I've been using a free account with uptime robot to ping every 5mins the CP, sip7, sip and any PBXes... also been having voipo's twitter SMS txt me... just because there has been sooo soo many outages.

I've been reluctantly moving my more critical business accounts (mainly the ones with PBXes) to other providers or using voipo as a failover rather than a primary.

Sucks... but I do like voipo... I'm *really* hoping they work things out.

Quote Originally Posted by acelisGC View Post
    If it's any help... I've been using a free account with uptime robot to ping every 5mins the CP, sip7, sip and any PBXes... also been having voipo's twitter SMS txt me... just because there has been sooo soo many outages.

I've been reluctantly moving my more critical business accounts (mainly the ones with PBXes) to other providers or using voipo as a failover rather than a primary.

Sucks... but I do like voipo... I'm *really* hoping they work things out.
    Yeah, more outages today.