Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Default Re: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Well something needs to be fixed immediately!!! I just got this service and it was working fine until now!!! Of course everything starts breaking down after 30 days of service!!! Too good to be true I guess. I left optimum voice for VoIPo!!! Not happy right now.

There are no widespread issues on our end that we're aware of. If you have issues, you'll need to work with our support team. When contacting us about these types of issues, please include sample numbers that you're having issues with so we can review the logs. Without knowing the numbers you have problems calling, there's very little we can do outside of general troubleshooting.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

So you are going to fix every number I call? This will not resolve the problem. We've tried this before rerouting a specific number I call. I can't call tech support every time I have an issue with a certain phone number. That means the phone system no longer works for me. I don't have a lot a time to troubleshoot for hours and hours when I need to spend the time using the phone system that I paid 200.00 up front. What happens to thr time lost for my phone system not working? I will call your tech person when i am back home to fix but if not resolved I will have to cancel.

I realize this is an old thread but I don't give a crap. I have the same issue for a while and nothing is fixed yet. Anyone else having this issue??

Quote Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
    I realize this is an old thread but I don't give a crap. I have the same issue for a while and nothing is fixed yet. Anyone else having this issue??
    Contact us at support@voipo.com and we'll be able to help you. If it rings then goes to dead air, the most likely issue is that the audio stream is being blocked by your router/modem. Support can help you setup port forwarding on your router to always allow our traffic through to the VOIPO device and that'll likely resolve your issue.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Contact us at support@voipo.com and we'll be able to help you. If it rings then goes to dead air, the most likely issue is that the audio stream is being blocked by your router/modem. Support can help you setup port forwarding on your router to always allow our traffic through to the VOIPO device and that'll likely resolve your issue.
    I've been in contact with support for a long while. So far, nothing is helping. I already did UDP port forwarding range 5004-65000 to 192.168.222.179 which is grandstream box internal IP. I left it alone until we fix the issue. Still the same issue. Most of the time, the outgoing calls dialed out no problem and I can stay on for HOURS without being disconnected. But some certain number will not dial out at all that I had to use my cell to call. If I use a different number while cannot dial that certain number, it will dial out no problem. It rings once, then nothing. Sometimes the party would tell/ask me if I called them earlier because they answered and it was dead air.

I've been in contact with support for a long while. So far, nothing is helping. I already did UDP port forwarding range 5004-65000 to 192.168.222.179 which is grandstream box internal IP. I left it alone until we fix the issue. Still the same issue. Most of the time, the outgoing calls dialed out no problem and I can stay on for HOURS without being disconnected. But some certain number will not dial out at all that I had to use my cell to call. If I use a different number while cannot dial that certain number, it will dial out no problem. It rings once, then nothing. Sometimes the party would tell/ask me if I called them earlier because they answered and it was dead air.

I also went through three different routers. All with same issue. My current router is an OpenWRT version.

Although they emailed me last night/this morning, that they did changes to my account and let's see how it works now. I'll post back if I still have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
    Although they emailed me last night/this morning, that they did changes to my account and let's see how it works now. I'll post back if I still have issues.
    I'm not sure it will help or not, but for me it came down to hardware. After a year or so of agony with "support", I replaced the ATA...something that should have been suggested/considered way earlier in the process...and things magically got a heck of a lot better. I've been up without interruption ever since. Good luck!