Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Default Re: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

I would have to agree that this is the single largest negative issue with Voipo (at least to me). It seems as if I run into at least one number that rings once and dies almost daily. It is at the point that when I dial a new number I find myself holding my breath waiting for the second ring. I've opened numerous tickets and have had the infamous "routing treatment" successfully done every time but the thing about phone service is that I expect to be connected when I dial a number. It wouldn't be so bad if I could call right back and get connected a second time but I can't even do that. If a number doesn't work it just doesn't work until the "routing treatment" is done. Unless I am on IM with someone it is impossible to ask them to call me back as I have no way to ask them to do that. All in all this is EXTREMELY frustrating. Phones need to connect when a number is dialed. Once in a while I understand that there can be issues but the frequency with which this happens makes it unacceptable.

I've also had to do numerous routing treatment requests but my issue is slightly different, in my case some outgoing calls only stay connected for 20-30 seconds before dropping. I've done extensive troubleshooting with my router and ATA and even swapped both of them but still have the problem. Routing treatments always correct the issue, but it sometimes happens a few days later to the same number. Fortunately it doesn't happen with all outgoing calls, but like you mentioned its frustrating when it does because I have to call the person back from a different phone when it happens until the support ticket is answered.

I also agree that this is the biggest negative issue with Voipo.

Can those of you having this issue with outgoing calls please let me know if it seems solved now? I've had our developers going through a ton of call samples from the users that have reported this issue and they believe that they found an issue that was causing some some calls to fail. It was a very tiny % of customers that would be impacted (those that use a certain combination of features), but it appeared in nearly all of the customer examples I had them analyze.

This wasn't something support would have been able to see since they don't have that level of detail so they tried "updating the LCR route" to another carrier and while that solved it in some cases, it wasn't the real issue.

There will always be an occasional routing issue with VoIP and there will always be situations where there are sometimes NAT issues that cause issues, but it shouldn't be a regular thing.

With so many of you reporting issues on here and to me directly, I knew there was something going on and I'm glad we've finally found what we believe is the cause and corrected it.

For those of you that were having this issue, please let me know if it seems to be cleared up for you or if you continue to have issues. Our developers are pretty confident that this was the culprit.

If you do have a failed call, please e-mail me directly at tim @ voipo.com with your VOIPO username, the number you called that failed, and the approximate date/time so we can look into it specifically.

As always if you need anything related to VOIPO, please feel free to e-mail me directly.

Thank you for your business!
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

My father who has Voipo still has this issue to one specific number, so something else must be going on. There are no call reference logs to provide in vPanel because the attempted call doesn't even show up as if you never attempted the call. He had to use his cell phone to make the call.

He can't reach 813-840-6904 (Bay Palms Golf Club, Tampa FL):

1st attempt on Dec 28.....1 ring then dead air
    2 attempts today Jan 2....1 ring then dead air

I'm not at my house right now, so I'm not able to see if I have the same issue from my device.

Update:

I tried again from my house this time and the same issue....1 ring then dead air. ATA is connected directly to a bridged DSL modem w/ a public IP (no NAT or firewall), so problem is definitely on Voipo's side....
    Last edited by tritch; 01-02-2015 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Updated comments

Just for the heck of it I tried calling the number myself. I'm in NJ if that makes a difference. For me the number rings twice and then goes dead. Works fine from my cell.

I have been a Voipo customer going on 6 years now and generally the service has been good but the last couple of months were hellish. I have had to submit multiple support tickets and each time the issue creeps back.

This issue of outgoing dead calls caused me so much headaches that I switched one of my lines to a different provider, even though I lost about 6-8 months prepaid service with Voipo.It was very frustrating and since it was my SOHO line, I did not want to continue always having to contact Voipo support for re-routing a specific number each time. Voipo is not refunding the remainder of my unused credit. I am not a big consumer of calls on my residential line, but if this issues such as these persist, I will definitely be switching that line to a new provider when it is up for renewal.

I am hoping that they have gotten to the bottom of the issues.
    Last edited by sama123; 01-02-2015 at 12:16 PM.

It looks like it solved my problems! Great!

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Can those of you having this issue with outgoing calls please let me know if it seems solved now? I've had our developers going through a ton of call samples from the users that have reported this issue and they believe that they found an issue that was causing some some calls to fail. It was a very tiny % of customers that would be impacted (those that use a certain combination of features), but it appeared in nearly all of the customer examples I had them analyze.

This wasn't something support would have been able to see since they don't have that level of detail so they tried "updating the LCR route" to another carrier and while that solved it in some cases, it wasn't the real issue.

There will always be an occasional routing issue with VoIP and there will always be situations where there are sometimes NAT issues that cause issues, but it shouldn't be a regular thing.

With so many of you reporting issues on here and to me directly, I knew there was something going on and I'm glad we've finally found what we believe is the cause and corrected it.

For those of you that were having this issue, please let me know if it seems to be cleared up for you or if you continue to have issues. Our developers are pretty confident that this was the culprit.

If you do have a failed call, please e-mail me directly at tim @ voipo.com with your VOIPO username, the number you called that failed, and the approximate date/time so we can look into it specifically.

As always if you need anything related to VOIPO, please feel free to e-mail me directly.

Thank you for your business!

After several months of experiencing this problem and it being fixed for specific numbers, it's still a problem as recent as today. It's very frustrating to not be able to complete the call. One thing I noticed
    with one of the numbers I called today is that it did ring more than once prior to disconnecting. It rang approx. 6 times and then disconnected so I guess that's "progress", but the end result is the same;
    it disconnects. I used my cell phone as I now know I have to do when this happens. Today I asked the person I attempted to call, if the phone rang previously. I was told it never rang although on my end, it rang several times prior to disconnecting. On another attempt to another number, it reached the persons v-mail and then disconnected during their outgoing msg. This is a problem with both local and long distance calls. There needs to be a permanent resolution to this problem.

What is your ticket number? Our developers are actively looking more into this issue today.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz4me View Post
    After several months of experiencing this problem and it being fixed for specific numbers, it's still a problem as recent as today. It's very frustrating to not be able to complete the call. One thing I noticed
    with one of the numbers I called today is that it did ring more than once prior to disconnecting. It rang approx. 6 times and then disconnected so I guess that's "progress", but the end result is the same;
    it disconnects. I used my cell phone as I now know I have to do when this happens. Today I asked the person I attempted to call, if the phone rang previously. I was told it never rang although on my end, it rang several times prior to disconnecting. On another attempt to another number, it reached the persons v-mail and then disconnected during their outgoing msg. This is a problem with both local and long distance calls. There needs to be a permanent resolution to this problem.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook