Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Default Re: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Hi Tim,

I finally documented the problem in an existing ticket for another problem that's been escalated to Tier2 support. The ticket number is #UOF-340-37161. I've called several
    times regarding this issue since Sep '14. The problem has been documented and referenced internally at Voipo during these calls.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    What is your ticket number? Our developers are actively looking more into this issue today.

Quote Originally Posted by jazz4me View Post
    Hi Tim,

I finally documented the problem in an existing ticket for another problem that's been escalated to Tier2 support. The ticket number is #UOF-340-37161. I've called several
    times regarding this issue since Sep '14. The problem has been documented and referenced internally at Voipo during these calls.

Thank you!
    Ok great, I'll bump your ticket up to our developers so they have another example to look at.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Please add me to this list. The problem has been intermittent but has become much more common in recent weeks. Initially it was calls to one number not going through and it was fixed by a manual update to routes. In the past few days, several calls to different numbers either dropped after one ring or conked out during the call itself.

I am currently working with Tech Support via #ZMU-108-14924. In fact, when we called this in today, one of the calls got dropped mid conversation.

I have sent results of a traceroute to sip-central01.voipwelcome.com to Tech Support as requested earlier today.

For completeness: I've tried unplugging the device, waiting a few minutes, and plugging it back in, rebooting the Verizon FiOs router, etc. Network tests to check for VOIP suitability indicate the internet connection is fine 29 Mbps down, 18 Mbps up, low jitter, low packet loss (via http://voiptest.8x8.com/)

One other possibly useful bit: For a day or two, we got three short tones before the continuous dial tone when clicking on the cordless phone to make a call. Today, the standard dial tone comes on, no short tones.

We have basic Voipo service and aren't using any special features other than normal phone calling.

I sent a similar post yesterday and it hasn't gotten out of the mod queue so I'm trying again.

I've had Voipo for a few months and am experiencing similar symptoms. Initially, some numbers would ring once and stop. Those got manually added to some list by tech support and rerouted. Now, on some days, outbound calls to several numbers have that problem along with calls dropped mid conversation and/or with poor audito quality. It will fix itself for a couple of days and start again. We've called in to tech support, they see several dropped calls in the logs, and one support call got dropped mid-call.

Tech support asked for a traceroute which I sent and which they determined to be inconclusive. They want to do a live session and look into port forwarding. I don't think this will help either but will schedule an appointment to try it. I've rebooted the router and unplugged/replugged the Voipo device several times.

I use no special features, just regular calling. http://voiptest.8x8.com/ says my Verizon FiOS is working fine for Voip with ~20Mb/s down and up, low packet loss, and other indications of good connectivity.

This is currently under ticket [#ZMU-108-14924]

This sounds like another datum for the developers. Whatever the underlying problem it is slowly getting worse.

Still having this issue

Quote Originally Posted by lrnarasimhan View Post
    I sent a similar post yesterday and it hasn't gotten out of the mod queue so I'm trying again.

I've had Voipo for a few months and am experiencing similar symptoms. Initially, some numbers would ring once and stop. Those got manually added to some list by tech support and rerouted. Now, on some days, outbound calls to several numbers have that problem along with calls dropped mid conversation and/or with poor audito quality. It will fix itself for a couple of days and start again. We've called in to tech support, they see several dropped calls in the logs, and one support call got dropped mid-call.

Tech support asked for a traceroute which I sent and which they determined to be inconclusive. They want to do a live session and look into port forwarding. I don't think this will help either but will schedule an appointment to try it. I've rebooted the router and unplugged/replugged the Voipo device several times.

I use no special features, just regular calling. http://voiptest.8x8.com/ says my Verizon FiOS is working fine for Voip with ~20Mb/s down and up, low packet loss, and other indications of good connectivity.

This is currently under ticket [#ZMU-108-14924]

This sounds like another datum for the developers. Whatever the underlying problem it is slowly getting worse.
    lrnarasimhan,

Please open a ticket with some specific call ID's and I can go ahead and take a look for you. You can put ATTN: Clay in the subject line and the Tier 1 staff should pass it up to me.

With specific call examples I can do my best to track down your exact issue.

Thanks,
    Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
    Still having this issue
    Razzy,

Do you have a ticket id I can look at?

Thanks,
    Clay

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoClay View Post
    Razzy,

Do you have a ticket id I can look at?

Thanks,
    Clay
    Clay,

I believe Tim already set me up but here it is just in case. Sorry for the delay. Thank you!

Ticket ID #IOR-782-99970

Larry

Just FYI, I barely called anyone in past few days but I didn't have any issues. Not sure if it's fixed but I'll be sure to let you know

I have a horrible issue with my Voipo service, I will likely have the police here accusing me of harassment.

When I place a call, it rings and rings from my side which seems like the other party isn't answering. What actually is happening is the party answers and gets dead air. They hang up then their phone rings again with caller ID showing my voipo number. This will continue for about half an hour. I tested by calling my cell phone and I counted 47 missed calls, all of which were caused by a single call from my voipo line. This also continues while my ATA is disconnected from the network and from power. So, this tells me the call is originating from Voipo's server.

The way I understand SIP, a placed call contacts the sip server to set the call up, once the server has established the call it connects the 2 sip devices to each other directly. For some reason their server continues to place calls to the destination for a half an hour. There is nothing I can do to make it stop. I have been trying to get to level 2 support with no luck, my support tickets are flooded with them wanting me to run their network test, reboot the device, etc. Obviously if I'm disconnected from the Internet and my voipo number repeatedly calls someone, its not a problem on my network.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a way to get level 2 support involved to fix it?