Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Default Re: Outbound Calls - 1 ring, then dead air - Wife ready to kill me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
    I realize this is an old thread but I don't give a crap. I have the same issue for a while and nothing is fixed yet. Anyone else having this issue??
    Yes, I see this issue a lot with only 1 phone number (my parents) which is to a rural phone company in TN.

They have made route changes, and it works for a while. Then it is back to the same problem. I've emailed support again to see if this can be finally resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by tttony View Post
    I'm not sure it will help or not, but for me it came down to hardware. After a year or so of agony with "support", I replaced the ATA...something that should have been suggested/considered way earlier in the process...and things magically got a heck of a lot better. I've been up without interruption ever since. Good luck!
    Did they replaced it with the same make/model? Or a different brand? VOIPO used to have Linksys models before - I had it for a while and it had zero issue. Then I created a second phone account - got Grandstream instead, a week or two later, I closed the first account and sent back the Linksys model. I wish I kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Contact us at support@voipo.com and we'll be able to help you. If it rings then goes to dead air, the most likely issue is that the audio stream is being blocked by your router/modem. Support can help you setup port forwarding on your router to always allow our traffic through to the VOIPO device and that'll likely resolve your issue.
    Tim, still having the same issue. It is not my side but your side. I did a small test today with two phone numbers, Phone number #1 doesn't work, phone number #2 works. Here what I did.

Called Phone number #1... ring.... dead air
    Called Phone number #1 again ... ring... dead air
    Called Phone number #2 ring...ring...ring...answered. Talked with party for 3 mins no problem. Hanged up normally.
    Called Phone number #1 3rd time... ring.... dead air
    Called Phone number #1 4th time... ring.... dead air.

This is all within ten minutes. It is clearly something to do with your side.

Tim, still having the same issue. It is not my side but your side. I did a small test today with two phone numbers, Phone number #1 doesn't work, phone number #2 works. Here what I did.

Called Phone number #1... ring.... dead air
    Called Phone number #1 again ... ring... dead air
    Called Phone number #2 ring...ring...ring...answered. Talked with party for 3 mins no problem. Hanged up normally.
    Called Phone number #1 3rd time... ring.... dead air
    Called Phone number #1 4th time... ring.... dead air.

This is all within ten minutes. It is clearly something to do with your side.

The problem definitely still exists and I suspect it always will until the VOIP carriers get their act together. I had two numbers in the past two days that needed the infamous "routing treatment". I'm thinking the help desk has created a template for these problems since they happen so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    The problem definitely still exists and I suspect it always will until the VOIP carriers get their act together. I had two numbers in the past two days that needed the infamous "routing treatment". I'm thinking the help desk has created a template for these problems since they happen so often.
    Yes, I as well as my parents have been having this issue for the past several months. I've had VOIPO service for the past 4 years with no issues until now. Random numbers won't go through and there's no pattern to it...they are local, regional, LD, and international calls. One ring and click. I'm really getting fed up. Wondering if this is a regionally based issue as we are both in NJ. Latest ticket response has said that the issue lies outside of the VOIPO network and is beyond their control. Not helpful. If this is the case a more detailed explanation is warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
    Did they replaced it with the same make/model? Or a different brand? VOIPO used to have Linksys models before - I had it for a while and it had zero issue. Then I created a second phone account - got Grandstream instead, a week or two later, I closed the first account and sent back the Linksys model. I wish I kept it.
    I replaced it myself with an Obi202. Still working great!

Quote Originally Posted by tttony View Post
    I replaced it myself with an Obi202. Still working great!
    I am using an Obi202 for both of my Voipo lines and still have the "ring once and die" issue periodically so the problem has followed the ATA. To my knowledge the ATA doesn't have anything to do with the remote call routing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    I am using an Obi202 for both of my Voipo lines and still have the "ring once and die" issue periodically so the problem has followed the ATA. To my knowledge the ATA doesn't have anything to do with the remote call routing.
    Sorry to hear that. I'm in good shape now. Although we did need the infamous "treatment" for the mother-in-law several times. It's kind of funny really, I think someone else had a very similar scenario. That's some pretty high tech logic to deny connection to the mother-in-law only

My company has several hundred numbers/accounts with voipo, using equipment from a lot of different brands (grandstream, obi, linksys, cisco, polycom, asterisk, and about a dozen others).

Most of our accounts work fine. But a scattering of our numbers suffer from the one-ring-then-dead issue over and over, resulting in a disproportionately high volume of our support tickets. We have to first perform internal troubleshooting to make sure it isn't a device, network, or user issue. It usually isn't, so then we have to log and submit call examples so voipo can perform "route treatments". After going through the support ticket process, that dialed number then works, but a day later we may run into a different number requiring yet another route treatment.

My understanding is that voipo uses multiple carriers for routing calls. Which carrier is used depends on origination and destination, plus (I assume) the relative cost of the various carriers... lowest cost having priority. That is, unless they perform some kind of manual override (route treatment), causing a more reliable carrier to be used.

I believe that a few weeks ago, one carrier was removed from the voipo routing "pool" due to poor performance. But it sounds like there is at least one more flakey carrier out there that is still causing problems.

Either that, or there's simply a flaw/bug in the voipo network somewhere, causing certain routes to be unreliable.

I would think that some kind of intelligence could be written into the system, for example not allowing the same route to be used within a short time on a redial. Or to take note of 2 or more attempts to call a number within a short period of time, then an automatic route treatment could be applied. Combine that with elimination of flakey routes/carriers, and voipo could be much more robust and reliable.

Hopefully, the issue can be hunted down and dealt with, because (IMO) this is really the single largest negative issue with voipo at this time.