I've been having intermittent problems for the last several weeks. The symptom:

Outbound calls to some numbers intermittently ring one time, then we hear dead air. The called party also hears one ring, but their Caller ID displays our phone number.

This doesn't affect all called numbers - just certain, repetitive ones. Most have been Brighthouse Cable VOIP phones, but at least one was an AT&T POTS line.

The ATA is a Grandstream TH502, and it's in front of the router. I've power cycled the ATA numerous times, which doesn't change the symptom.

There have been a total of three tickets opened (including one this morning) concerning this problem. In each of the 2 previous tickets, the response is to "try it now", and of course, when we try it, it works.

However, as soon as a few hours later, it's back to the same problem.

My spouse is fit to be tied, and has issued certain ultimatums, that involve my future ability to father children, and other sundry threats. You see, one of these problem phone numbers belongs to her sister, and another is a close friend that she calls frequently. This is NOT a 'discussion' I'll win, until the phone is working properly again.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, how was it resolved?

Gary