Thread: Serious Problems with VOIPO SMS

Default Serious Problems with VOIPO SMS

I'm a long-time VOIPO user who's recently been experiencing major issues with SMS'ing on my VOIPO line. I know VOIPO SMS is still considered in beta, but it had been working perfectly for me up until a few weeks ago. Then, the following problems started:

1) For the past few weeks, I've been receiving text messages in duplicates. In other words, every time someone texts me, I get the message twice. Each text message appears twice in my vPanel and it gets emailed to me twice. This happens for EVERY SINGLE text I receive.

2) Then, for the past few days, I've had people telling me that they never got my text, or that they texted me and I never got it. In other words, both incoming and outgoing texts to and from my VOIPO number are intermittently being dropped and lost. This only happens once in a while, but it's still a major problem, as it can cause major miscommunication and misunderstandings.

Has anyone else been experiencing these issues with their VOIPO SMS? Could this be a systemwide problem? Are the VOIPO engineers aware of this issue?

I hope this gets fixed soon or I'm gonna have to cancel my VOIPO service and switch providers. I realize the SMS feature is in beta and it's not guaranteed, but it was working perfectly until recently and it's very important to me.

To help VOIPO troubleshoot the dropped / lost text messages, I can provide the phone numbers of the people who I lost text messages to/from. I can also provide the exact time and date the messages were sent, and also even what carriers these phone numbers were on.
    Last edited by ACOrange; 06-23-2015 at 04:03 PM.

Default Re: Serious Problems with VOIPO SMS

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with SMS. Please open a ticket with the examples if you have them.

The SMS feature is still in BETA and is considered experimental at this time so it will have some issues. If we're able to consistently reproduce an issue, that will definitely make it easier for our developers to identify and fix any bugs though so the examples will be very helpful.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Yes, I already opened a support ticket before posting in the forum. Here is my ticket number:

RLH-614-36099

The ticket has been escalated to tier 3. My last contact was this morning. I provided the rep with the phone numbers and timestamps of a few recent dropped outbound texts.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. I hope these issues will be resolved soon.

The duplicate inbound SMS in vpanel should be gone now.

It wasn't actually sending the SMS twice to the forwarding destination but just showing twice in vpanel.

Please do let us know if you/anyone has any more issues with this.

Thanks,
    Clay