Thread: Outbound call, one ring and then straight to voicemail

Default Outbound call, one ring and then straight to voicemail

So this is a weird issue that has come up recently and I'm wondering if others are having a similar problem. I say "weird" as this is only happening when I call a relative of mine, who is a Comcast VOIP customer.

Outbound / outgoing calls placed to her number ring once and then go directly to her voicemail. This started happening a few weeks ago. It's happening consistently so much that we've resorted to just using our mobile phones to call her instead of our VOIP line. I'm not sure if it's a VOIPo problem or a problem on her end and therefore a Comcast VOIP problem where she should open up a ticket with Comcast.

No other numbers I call from my VOIPo line seem to have this issue. Anyone else have similar problems with outbound calls going to voicemail on other VOIP phone numbers?

Default Re: Outbound call, one ring and then straight to voicemail

Had the same problem with a Comcast friend. Called support and they rerouted that number and all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by pflueger41 View Post
    Had the same problem with a Comcast friend. Called support and they rerouted that number and all is well.
    Which support did you call? VOIPo or Comcast?

[Edited my post to make my question clearer]
    Last edited by Mike_TV; 10-08-2011 at 06:43 PM.

VOIPo Support

Thanks. I opened a ticket with VOIPo support.

welcome to standard operating VOIPO features. Pick one or more of the following daily or more often if you are lucky...
    1. ring once go to voicemail.
    2. don't dial out
    3. in middle of call, drop
    4. echo.

Have had them adjust my routing for the # in question (seems scary they do this each time and it doesn't stick)
    Have had them work on call quality, proxy, helped then was varied.
    Have had them adjust firewall settings (twice).
    Have had to use cell phone more times than I can remember over the past 3 months (I"m recent to VOIPO).

VOIPO is just barely better than magic jack. If I can't get fixed this week, may have to make it a backup line to a real VOIP provider...

VOIPo support fixed this by adjusting/modifying the route and now outbound calls to this number complete fine.