Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blacklist options - which one is BEST

Default Re: Blacklist options - which one is BEST

Quote Originally Posted by PinWiz View Post
    Someone up top mentioned a rejection hotline which I thought was genius. I found 7722574501 which is the Rick Astley "RickRoll'd" hotline. Free to use. I've only had Voipo for a week and put 5 numbers on it already.

Thank you Voipo ATT had a blacklist service that cost $5 a month. You could only have 10 numbers on it at a time. Uh, no thanks.
    I've been diddling with the vpanel to experiment with whitelisting (which I had no idea what that was until I found a blurb that it allows a contact through), blacklisting which I was able to get something (number is not in service or something) and even disconnected I think.

Moving right along, trying to get this forum suggestion to route the incoming number to the rejection hotline, or anything else, and I can't get anything to work to that extent. At the moment, I have (unintentionally) setup a call route for the number to go to "Busy Signal", and I can't get it removed from the routing page at all. Click-Remove-No change. Logout/Login No change. Browser problem maybe? Ok, use a completely different browser. No change. Call is stuck at busy, and that's the end of that.

Anywho, if I can ever get support to get this number freed up, can someone please walk through step by step how (in theory) to get a dedicated number to forward to the "rejection hotline". Oh, and I also tried to set up a contact group called "Rejection" and forward the whole group to an alternate number, and that didn't work either.

OMG - replying to my own post whenever it gets through moderation.

I setup call routing and forwarding using the 999-999-9999 format. Well, Vpanel doesn't have any issue accepting those numbers, and you can't ever remove them once setup, but lesson learned - don't use that format and the call forwarding seems to work fine.

Of course, there is some bugginess in the vpanel with respect to picking a group to forward - I need to click a contact, then go back and the group selection box populates and I can then seemingly forward the whole group.

Okay, that was 45 minutes of my life I wish I had back.

As you were soldiers.

I realize this is an old thread but where are the "blacklist" options? I see how to blacklist a number but not the options on what happens to that number when using the new Vpanel Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansextra View Post
    I realize this is an old thread but where are the "blacklist" options? I see how to blacklist a number but not the options on what happens to that number when using the new Vpanel Beta.
    I don't use the beta panel but the list I've generated is found under "features," then "call routes." The list is generated when I go to "Call History" and click on a suspect number. That number comes up with information and a drop down menu...from there I tell Voipo what to do with that number. It's easiest to select "disconnected" and be done with it. If you like to have fun you can look up where the call originated from and route (forward) the call to its closest regional FBI facility. The possibilities are endless.
    PinWiz
    -Rockford, Michigan
    -Saving $636 per year having moved my home phone from ATT to Voipo

Thanks Pinwiz...I found that dropdown after my post but thought there might be somewhere else as well. You're right, though. There is potential fun to be had with telemarketers...

I simply put EVERYONE on the DISCONNECTED list. ********** - DISCONNECTED.
    Only have 12 or so people on the whitelist. So now when my phone rings, I know it's safe to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ki4zbo View Post
    I simply put EVERYONE on the DISCONNECTED list. ********** - DISCONNECTED.
    Only have 12 or so people on the whitelist. So now when my phone rings, I know it's safe to answer.
    Sending everyone to disconnect except whitelist could be dangerous under some circumstances. What if a family member calls you from an emergency room in a hospital (or maybe jail and needs bail ). The ROUTE wildcards work great but you can't do wildcards in whitelist or groups.