Thread: unlisted number

Default unlisted number

Newbie question here.

I currently have to pay AT&T to NOT publish my land line phone number in their book and internet listings. (really a rip off IMHO)

Are numbers with VOIPO published in any phone book or internet directories? I will be porting my prior AT&T number which I am paying them not to publish.

Default Re: unlisted number

No, we do not list or publish any numbers since we are a VoIP provider.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I will comment that your local phone company might continue to publish your number, though this seems to vary. VOIPo is my third VoIP provider (though one of them, Vonage, I had twice), but with the others my phone number was published. Since I switched to VOIPo, it dropped out of the listings, so you will probably be ok.
    Steve

Thanks for the replies. I always thought it was a rip off to Pay AT&T not to publish my number. Hope it doesn't show up in their directory when I stop paying them. I wouldn't think it would be in their book since I won't be their customer.

For as long as I remember, you always had to pay to keep your number unlisted and I'm talking I'm thinking back to the 80's. I didn't WANT to spend the money when I got my own phone in 1991 so I had my number listed. (It was like $2)

FYI: Unlisted doesn't always mean UNLISTED. Check www.cidlookup.com for your number. I currently use Optimum Voice on Long Island. Those numbers by default are UNLISTED and, yup, you guessed it, my NAME is listed on this website. You do have the option to remove it however. I found A LOT of "unlisted" phone numbers (AND CELL PHONE NUMBERS). Great site for "internet sleuthing" but not if you want your number totally "unlisted".