Thread: DID dialing on asterisk trunks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default DID dialing on asterisk trunks?

Has anyone been able to setup multiple DID dialing on asterisk inbound routes for a single voipo account? (in other words, using sub account/forwarding numbers as DIDs)

There seems to be something missing in the voipo headers that prevents this from working.

Or maybe I'm just missing something.

I would love to get this working with voipo.

Default Re: DID dialing on asterisk trunks?

I have been testing out the Grandstream UCM6102 PBX which uses asterisk. I had a problem with 3 Voipo accounts set as trunks, where everything is the same except username and password for each trunk. So it wouldn't let me do the inbound routes right. What would happen is, all calls for the 3 numbers (trunks) would go to what the first route was set to. So then i found out if i set the 'DID Pattern' to _2065551212 (user name of trunk) then the inbound routes would work for all 3 trunks.

I don't know if this helps you as the Grandstream has it own custom GUI.

Yes, that's actually what I've been doing up to this point. That part seems to work fine.

But I don't think routing works if you try to have 2 or more numbers passed to a single trunk, such as with "forwarding" or "sub-account" numbers. The inbound route seems to only work for the primary number on the trunk. If you dial any of the additional numbers, that data doesn't seem to get passed along with the inbound call info.

The call header seems to pass the primary number as the "dialed" number. I'm hoping voipo can fix/modify that so that we could put a bunch of numbers on a single trunk, and yet have the ability to route different numbers to different inbound route destinations.

Let me know if you're able to get that working somehow with the Grandstream, but I'm pretty sure it won't.

Thanks for the follow up. Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

GreenLantern

i have a customer with 5 lines with 4 forward to the 5th. Right now i'm just trying to get it to work stable. i have notice Voipo lines losing registration, so i added a callcentric free line as a sip trunk to see if when the Voipo loses registration if the callcentric does too. But since i did that, Voipo hasn't loss registration, go figure!

Yes, things have been pretty much rock solid lately (knock on wood).

Tim might be able to provide more insight into what they have done to make things work better.

But I suspect it involves network and code changes, along with addressing workflow procedures and awareness to prevent inadvertently breaking things.

Whatever it is, I really appreciate it. Hopefully we can extend the uptime and keep trucking.

Thank you Tim, Brandon, Clay, and the rest of the Voipo team, for your hard work!

Here's to a Happy Holiday and prosperous New Year for everyone!

in the last day or so i have been seeing trunks going down for a minute, 2 times in last 24 hours. i hope we aren't going back words again.

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    in the last day or so i have been seeing trunks going down for a minute, 2 times in last 24 hours. i hope we aren't going back words again.
    Same thing here. I reported some issues with the SIP7 server. Support worked on it and they seem to have been cleared up.

Which server(s) are you having trouble with on your end?