Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a call from "HOSTGATOR" on my CELL phone at 10AM today

Default Got a call from "HOSTGATOR" on my CELL phone at 10AM today

1-713-574-5287

Anyone know why they are calling, or how they even got my cell number?

I found this on the Hostgator Forum:
    As far as your question about the relationship between HostGator and VOIPo... HostGator and VOIPo are completely different companies. We do have a close relationship and promote each other's services because I'm a former HostGator executive, but we're entirely different companies. VOIPo isn't owned, operated or managed by HostGator.

So how the heck did they get my cell number at all as I have never dealt with them before? The only people that I have given my cell number to at VOIPO was the tech support folks.
    Last edited by MisterEd; 11-27-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Default Re: Got a call from "HOSTGATOR" on my CELL phone at 10AM today

We don't share any info with HostGator so it wouldn't be related to us and they wouldn't have gotten your info from us.

I'm not sure why they'd be calling as they're a different company. Your best bet is to call them and see.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 11-27-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

What was really strange was that it was my cell phone number. No one has that as a contact number.

That's not as strange though as when I got a call from myself: http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...elf-on-my-cell!
    Last edited by MisterEd; 11-27-2011 at 05:30 PM.

I got a call from the same number on 13-Nov-2011. I'm a customer of both Hostgator and VOIPo. Though I missed the call, I called back later on the same number and got connected to Hostgator customer support, which didn't find any reason why I would have been called nor any trace of the call being placed.

Received a call this afternoon from them on my mobile phone. I generally don't get many robo or sales calls on my mobile phone so it's weird.

http://forums.voipo.com/showthread.p...r-713-574-5287

Same here. Received a call from 713-574-5287 this afternoon. Sorry didn't see this thread and started a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEd View Post
    1-713-574-5287
    Anyone know why they are calling, or how they even got my cell number?
    So how the heck did they get my cell number at all as I have never dealt with them before? The only people that I have given my cell number to at VOIPO was the tech support folks.
    Check your Vpanel under the Billing tab and see what you have there for your Contact Number. My mobile number is listed there.

Hello,

Please private message me the phone numbers that you received these calls on in order that I can further investigate. HostGator and VOIPo are completely different companies - so I assure you that we are not sharing customers data and HostGator would not have any access to such information. If you can provide me with more information I will be able to further look into this and see if potentially there is any kind of routing issue causing this. Look forward to hearing back from you guys. Thanks!

PM sent. Thanks!

PM Sent

10 char