Quote Originally Posted by ai2000 View Post
Timothy,

Can you explain why I have to open tickets to get my voipo line to call #'s almost weekly and the tech support answer is to "they will add the # to your routing table"? This is extremely frustrating and we have to use our cell phone to call those #'s until fixed.

Your company technology has some structural problems that have to be fixed.
Hey,
I have the same issue with calls to my wife's place of business ... any numbers we need to call there have had to be specially routed.
We have found that using the BYOD server and a soft phone enables us to get to these numbers while the routing takes place but this is not a viable long-term
solution. It may be relevent that the company my wife works at has their own internal PBX through which they connect but the numbers that you dial from outside
look like standard 10-digit numbers. This is a multinational, multisite company so I suspect (if we are both having the same problem) that there are others in the same
position.

I have to say that once I convinced support that this was not due to anything on our end, they responded very quickly to routing the numbers.
One thing that did surprise me was that they have to route individual numbers .. they cannot (apparently) do something like route 123-456-*

cheers
pete