Thread: Understanding Virtual numbers

Default Understanding Virtual numbers

New customer here so bear with me!

I signed up last week, got the device, installed it to test the quality and quality is good, love all the features!

So I decided to have my existing land line ported and submitted the required paperwork and a support ticket replied that the port would be complete on Dec 1st.

Meanwhile I see that my number that I am porting was created as a "virtual number" in my Vpanel. I am just trying to understand virtual numbers and how they work.

Questions:

1. When my number port is complete will the virtual number (the number being ported) go away and become the primary number?

2. After the number port is complete will my ported number become my account log in and user name instead of the original number assigned by Voipo?

Anything else about this process that is relevant that I need to know? (other than to call AT&T and cancel my landline once it is completed)

Default Re: Understanding Virtual numbers

Anybody have any answers?

It sounds like your port may have been added as a virtual number and not setup as the primary.

Please contact support@voipo.com to clarify how you want it setup so they can verify on your account.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I have an open support ticket on this. Why would they set it up as a virtual number when in my porting request I said I wanted it to replace my existing Voipo Number?

Quote Originally Posted by trman View Post
    I have an open support ticket on this. Why would they set it up as a virtual number when in my porting request I said I wanted it to replace my existing Voipo Number?
    It could just be an error. Many people port numbers in to add as a virtual number so it's possible it was just mixed up.

It will be able to resolve with your support ticket.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook