Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues tonight...

Default Issues tonight...

Anyone else having issues? Tried calling out on line one, dial tone but the call did not complete. No dial tone on line 2, looked at the ATA and it was dark. Rebooted the network and ATA, line 2 still dark. Anyone else?

Default Re: Issues tonight...

I'm having issues too. Wife called home, phone rang but we couldn't hear each other. Can't make outgoing at present.
    Russell

Well, I can make outgoing now.
    Russell

I only show having one line registered in the control panel as well.

No issues on our end.

There could always be some kind of intermittent routing somewhere between us and particular ISPs as that is simply something that happens from time with using any VoIP service through the internet, but everything on our side looks perfect and support levels are low.

If you open a helpdesk ticket, our agents will be happy to help you troubleshoot your home network, router configuration and internet connection.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 11-28-2011 at 08:11 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Created one. Line 2 is still dark.

Quote Originally Posted by ptrowski View Post
    Created one. Line 2 is still dark.
    If you're losing registration, it's got to be something between us network wise or on your end. Our registrations haven't been dropping at all.

I just pulled up one of our graphs and clipped out a segment for you to see. This segment shows the last 24 hours. Each line shows the number of registrations on a given server note (Teal is Central, Pink is East, Blue is West). Each gray marker between them is 5K registrations. You can see it's not been dropping in last 24 hours. When we have issues on our end, it'll be all over the place up and down as large numbers of people drop and come back.

I know this is just a little segment of it, but I think you can see that it's not fluctuating at all really. I know that doesn't change the fact that you might be having issues, but I'm just pointing out that it's not something we can easily fix on our end since everything looks perfect on our end and we're not seeing anything abnormal. We're happy to work with you though (or anyone experiencing issues) to try to isolate individual issues.

Last edited by VOIPoTim; 11-28-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

I understand that is great and all, but looking through here it seems I am not the only one who has had quirky issues lately.
    I received a reply to my ticket the next morning while at work but the issue had corrected itself overnight. The technician wanted to speak last evening so we set an appointment at 6 CST. After waiting 15-20 minutes we went out to dinner. He called at 7:24 and then left a voicemail. Since it had corrected itself we agreed to let it lay for a while.

Timothy,

Can you explain why I have to open tickets to get my voipo line to call #'s almost weekly and the tech support answer is to "they will add the # to your routing table"? This is extremely frustrating and we have to use our cell phone to call those #'s until fixed.

Your company technology has some structural problems that have to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ai2000 View Post
    Timothy,

Can you explain why I have to open tickets to get my voipo line to call #'s almost weekly and the tech support answer is to "they will add the # to your routing table"? This is extremely frustrating and we have to use our cell phone to call those #'s until fixed.

Your company technology has some structural problems that have to be fixed.
    Unfortunately I can't answer that for you because that's an isolated issue.

Statistically less than 1% of our customers have ever even contacted support so I think that shows that for 99% of customers the service works extremely well. If you're in the 1% that has issues though, I understand that it can be frustrating.

If you're having chronic issues that support is unable to resolve then there could be some underlying incompatibilities between your network and VOIPo and VOIPo may not be for you. If you have issues, please work with support and if your issues are chronic or ongoing then you may be best suited with another provider that may be more compatible with your network/setup/calling patterns.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 12-01-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com