Thread: New User, various issues/questions with quality

Default New User, various issues/questions with quality

Hi, I have a few issues that have been cropping up over the past few days:

First, when making an outbound call there is occasionally no ringing happening at the other side. I get a dial tone, but then dead air after the key tones go through. Placing the call again usually clears the issue. Second, I have had a number of calls where the call is placed and goes through, and the parties can hear each other but neither side can hear each other. Third, I have had a couple calls where the person on the other side has told me I sounded like I was underwater, barely intelligible, but me listening to them was fine. During the call, this clears up sometimes.

I am currently in the middle of a phone # port which is supposed to happen by 12/15. Could this be the source of the problem? I am forwarding all calls made to my current real # (another voip provider) to the voipo temporary number. Could this throw a wrench into incoming calls? But it shouldn’t mess up outgoing calls, should it?

My setup is ATT Uverse internet, 2Wire 3600 router, and the voipo box connected to a port on the router. I have port forwarded the range suggested and set a static IP for the voipo box as well. My previous Voip service was setup exactly the same, but without the port forwarding and static IP and I have never had a single call issue in 1.5 years with that provider.

Thanks!

Default Re: New User, various issues/questions with quality

Same thing with me, the other person could not hear me as good. Thats because you have it behind the router so I was told by a friend. You could try to set it up the right way with it between the modem and the router. I did that and then my router could not get internet. Call or email support, I have emailed and am waiting help to see if I can get this problem fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortopassi View Post

First, when making an outbound call there is occasionally no ringing happening at the other side. I get a dial tone, but then dead air after the key tones go through. Placing the call again usually clears the issue. Second, I have had a number of calls where the call is placed and goes through, and the parties can hear each other but neither side can hear each other. Third, I have had a couple calls where the person on the other side has told me I sounded like I was underwater, barely intelligible, but me listening to them was fine. During the call, this clears up sometimes.

I am currently in the middle of a phone # port which is supposed to happen by 12/15. Could this be the source of the problem? I am forwarding all calls made to my current real # (another voip provider) to the voipo temporary number. Could this throw a wrench into incoming calls? But it shouldn’t mess up outgoing calls, should it?

My setup is ATT Uverse internet, 2Wire 3600 router, and the voipo box connected to a port on the router. I have port forwarded the range suggested and set a static IP for the voipo box as well. My previous Voip service was setup exactly the same, but without the port forwarding and static IP and I have never had a single call issue in 1.5 years with that provider.

Thanks!
    Hello Cortopassi,

The issue you are experiencing is usually easily fixed. Please PM your account details so I may take a personal look and get you working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by george1979 View Post
    Same thing with me, the other person could not hear me as good. Thats because you have it behind the router so I was told by a friend. You could try to set it up the right way with it between the modem and the router. I did that and then my router could not get internet. Call or email support, I have emailed and am waiting help to see if I can get this problem fixed.
    Hello George1979,

Can you PM me your TICKET ID? I'd like to take a look and assist with getting you up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoChristopher View Post
    Hello Cortopassi,

The issue you are experiencing is usually easily fixed. Please PM your account details so I may take a personal look and get you working correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortopassi View Post

Thanks!
    I am getting ready to purchase service from Voipo, and have been reading all this about putting the box device before and after the router, and setting up a static IP? WTH? I have NO idea what any of this means. All I want to do, is plug it in and use it. Not everyone is electronics savvy. I also have AT&T DSL, with the 2wire 2701HG-B router, will this work? Do I need to go back to school and get a computer science degree to get this service to work?

If you have the 2-wire 2701-HB then it is a router / modem combo from AT&T and you have no other choice than to put the VOIPO adapter BEHIND the router.

Quote Originally Posted by markbet View Post
    I am getting ready to purchase service from Voipo, and have been reading all this about putting the box device before and after the router, and setting up a static IP? WTH? I have NO idea what any of this means. All I want to do, is plug it in and use it. Not everyone is electronics savvy. I also have AT&T DSL, with the 2wire 2701HG-B router, will this work? Do I need to go back to school and get a computer science degree to get this service to work?
    Proud VoIPo.com Customer since Dec 2008

Quote Originally Posted by dtrose View Post
    If you have the 2-wire 2701-HB then it is a router / modem combo from AT&T and you have no other choice than to put the VOIPO adapter BEHIND the router.

That is a good thing? It sounds like I just plug and play?

Behind a router can sometimes be troublesome because of ports not being forwarded. I would first attach the Grandstream ATA (Analog Terminal Adapter) to your router to first see if you have any issues. If you do then start with this document.

http://voipo.com/help/article/basic-troubleshooting-guide-20.html

You can also submit a ticket via the support@voipo.com e-mail address. They are very patient and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by markbet View Post
    That is a good thing? It sounds like I just plug and play?
    Proud VoIPo.com Customer since Dec 2008

I recently switched and my service was up and running as of Monday. I am very happy with the price and glad I was able to finally switch from ATT, but I have had a few issues that are frustrating. First, I've had the "underwater" problem some are describing. Next, I make a call, but there is no dialing and I have to call several times before I can get through, and my newest is my phone is not ringing. I contacted customer service via email and they responded with, "You're connected" Really? That's their response? To be fair, I've had more than helpful reps help out, but this answer didn't do anything to address my problem. Anyone know why my phone isn't ringing all the sudden? Ahhhh