Thread: Failover calls to mobile requires keypad entry - foils mobile voicemail

Default Failover calls to mobile requires keypad entry - foils mobile voicemail

I had my number set to failover to my mobile but when i answer on the mobile i have to press 1 to accept the call. This is fine when i pick up, but when it goes to my mobile voicemail it prevents somebody leaving a message. Anyway around this? (my mobile uses my GoogleVoice for voicemail)

Default Re: Failover calls to mobile requires keypad entry - foils mobile voicemail

I'm pretty sure that's a function of Google voice, not Voipo. Try turning off call screening in Google voice.

Default Re: Failover calls to mobile requires keypad entry - foils mobile voicemail

Call screening in Google Voice is off, so unfortunately that's not the answer. To clarify, this is actually the "find me" function of Voipo and happens also when i pick up a call - I have to hit "1" on the mobile keypad to accept the call. Very frustrating because this function worked well on my previous voip provider's service - if i couldn't pick up the call it would go to Google Voice and then i'd get SMS notification and email with transcript (still a work in progress, Google!).
    I reset my settings to use Voipo voicemail instead and today I got a email notification but the SMS notification didn't come through.

My advice, having a similar setup - give VoIPO your actual mobile number and not the GV number. It's too bad that GV doesn't let you selectively apply call screening to particular phones - I and many others have suggested this.

However, if you have call screening off in GV, then there is no "press 1" prompt, so perhaps you are mistaken about it being off.
    Steve