Thread: Can't call a new Comcast phone number...

Default Can't call a new Comcast phone number...

Seems weird, but my mom just got Comcast Internet/TV/Voice yesterday, and now when I call her from my Voipo line I get a disconnected message. If I call her from my cell phone it goes through. She can call my Voipo line. Think there's something in my settings on my PAP2 that need changing?
    Thanks
    Mike

Default Re: Can't call a new Comcast phone number...

It could also be Comcast is censoring web services? Time Warrener Cable blocked some websites I wanted to visit from the Coast to Coast website as they said it was too much traffic and thought they were stopping a DoS attack. Cell phone companies a few years back blocked some web apps for the same reason. About eight years ago I bought a cell phone because, every time I tried to call a mobile phone from a pay phone I would get the same exact message you are getting now! Over the years I have tried this many more times and guess since mobile phones are putting pay phones out of business they just refuse to connect the call. Comcast may be doing the same and hoping that you switch to Comcast for you VOIP needs. Just a thought too think about.

I was able to get a call through to my mom yesterday with my Voipo line. Maybe since her service was just started on the day I couldn't get through there was some setting on her end that hadn't took hold yet. Guess I'll never know what it was, but it's working now.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Mike

New lines are a bit like new website domains. They may take 24 to 48 hours (possibly longer in odd cases) before various other phone services "see" them or know about them. It comes down to when is the number completely added to routing tables, etc. The new number can likely call out almost immediately. But incoming calls may not be routed from various services at the same time. So a call from Verizon may start working a few hours before (or after) calls from VOIPo or whomever.