Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voicemail for Express ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Voicemail for Express ?

Tim, now that things are finishing up, will voicemail be added to Express anytime soon ? Residential accounts have VM for virtual numbers, so I imagine the system is already setup for Express numbers also.

Default Re: Voicemail for Express ?

Just bringing this back up - any decision on this?

I bet ... some might want EXPRESS just for a feature(s) [BRAIN STORMING]

• Voicemail
    • Forward always
    • Forward on busy (Alt number, a simple Call Hunt)
    • Multi-ring, say 5 numbers (Find Me)
    • Ring in succession, say 5 numbers (A kind of Call Hunt)
    • Routing (In and forwarding, and Call filtering)
    • Phone Book

Naturally some will want it for a sip address too.
    Hmm, this is like a pay as you go, without direct outbound dialing or an adapter or 911.

You could call it "EXPRESSo"
    Last edited by usa2k; 07-07-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

The way Express is designed, it's basically using the frontend of our existing systems.

A call comes in to a core switch which then routes the call to the one a residential user is registered on or forwards it. Express calls just use this directly and route the the customer provided destination.

If we start doing a lot with Express, it basically has to become its own service and really gives people most of the functionality our full plans offer so they lose value and Express basically attracts a lot of users who want our features, but don't have much usage.

Overall, it's really something that we don't want to add a lot to because it'll morph into its own Pay as You Go setup which is a business model that we don't want to get into for now.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    The way Express is designed, it's basically using the frontend of our existing systems.

A call comes in to a core switch which then routes the call to the one a residential user is registered on or forwards it. Express calls just use this directly and route the the customer provided destination.

If we start doing a lot with Express, it basically has to become its own service and really gives people most of the functionality our full plans offer so they lose value and Express basically attracts a lot of users who want our features, but don't have much usage.

Overall, it's really something that we don't want to add a lot to because it'll morph into its own Pay as You Go setup which is a business model that we don't want to get into for now.
    Easy enough. Thanks.

Makes sense.

As I was thinking about VM it made me think, if that, why not ...

So its an a-la-cart

• (500 Min)Virtual Number
    • (100 Min)Toll-Free Virtual Number

Then a metered rate after that.

Was incoming free to a SIP address like FreeWorldDialup?

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!

I see your point- but basically every other virtual toll free number company AT LEAST offers free voicemail. That is a must have for me.
    Have a great day,
    Evan

Yep, I'm "esl" from the HostGator Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by esl View Post
    I see your point- but basically every other virtual toll free number company AT LEAST offers free voicemail. That is a must have for me.
    Most of them are offering the service at a significantly higher price point as well.

As an example, our toll-free service works out to $2-$3 monthly and includes 100 minutes. Compare that to Kall8 at $2 monthly for the number + 6.9 Cents x 100 Minutes = $8.90 for the same service. Kall8 is going for one type of user and has features that appeal to them, while we're going for another type of user. With them, their toll-free service is their flagship service...with us it's just a value-add that is easy to offer while residential is our core offering.

It's just a different target market.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 07-20-2008 at 11:18 AM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post

You have the right idea! It's a excellent product as it stands, and potentially a tremendous supplement to the residential plan for those that desire even more flexibility. There's absolutely nothing stopping someone from forwarding/routing their toll free Express number to a Residential account's primary number! ;-)

Wait until you bring back my Carrier service [just in case you forgot anyone would like it ] to try to modify what Express does!
    Last edited by gbh2o; 07-20-2008 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbh2o View Post
    Wait until you being back my Carrier service [just in case you forgot anyone would like it ] to try to modify what Express does!
    You're not the only one waiting for Carrier!