Thread: PBX Help - Cant make or receive calls

Question PBX Help - Cant make or receive calls

hey guys, I am trying to configure my PBX (Elastix / FreePBX) to work with my Voipo reseller account. I want to have a simple setup in my home office. I have installed and configured the PBX. I have two soft phones setup. I can call from one soft phone to the other. So i know that part is working. However, I can not place outbound calls or receive inbound calls via my main phone number. According to the connections under my account it looks like I have my PBX connected. it shows:
    sip:s@192.168.1.3 2012-01-06 03:00:44 Asterisk PBX 1.6.2.13

I have a green status in FreePBX for the trunk. I have created the inbound and outbound lines. but still nothing. I followed
    http://www.voipmyway.com/docs/voipmyway_asterisk.pdf
    from one of the other users on here. (thank you by the way)

i also have my router set like this (for the 192.168.1.3 computer which is the PBX)
    Destination Ports 5000-5082
    UDP 5000-5082 -> 5000-5082

I am starting to spin in circles. any idea what I may have done wrong and what I should test next?

thank you in advance!
    ~Brendan

Default Re: PBX Help - Cant make or receive calls

Not sure if anyone replied however the PBX connected information must show your external IP not internal. I'd suggest you setup a DYNDNS account and place that infomation within the sip_general_additional.conf. The lines you'll add to the sip_general_additional.conf file are:

externhost=myname.dyndns.com (myname=your domain name)
    externrefresh=120
    localnet=192.168.1.xxx/255.255.255.0 (your local network IP)

Default Re: PBX Help - Cant make or receive calls

Chris nailed it.

This can also be done in FreePBX using the SIP Tools menu.