Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don't hear ringing of called phone

Default Re: Don't hear ringing of called phone

Quote Originally Posted by ram1220 View Post
    I sent the requested information to your support people this morning. I received an email response back that basically did not even address the issue nor the information I gave. All the tech did was deflect blame once again for problems that are obvioulsy not on the customer side. It was a complete waste of my time to send the information you requested. Obviously VOIPo has no desire to fix this issue. Only to deflect the blame as usual. I have requested my account be cancelled.
    What is your ticket number?
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

XAX-506533. I have canceled my account and support has closed the ticket. But you are welcome to review it.

Unhappy Re: Don't hear ringing of called phone

I did the port forward as suggested by the Voipo techs, in fact, I spent an hour on the phone with AT&T, and they did it for me while I was on the phone with them. AT&T took control of my computer and did it remotely as I watched and talked with them. To my dismay, I still have the problem of the phone that I dialed not ringing. Getting a tad frustrated here.

Support asked me to unplug my adapter for 30 seconds and reconnect it so it could get updated configuration. The next call I made I could hear the ringing.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    Support asked me to unplug my adapter for 30 seconds and reconnect it so it could get updated configuration. The next call I made I could hear the ringing.
    I will give it a try. At this point, I will try just about anything. I hope I made the right decision going to this service. Been through enough hell with Magic Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by markbet View Post
    I will give it a try. At this point, I will try just about anything. I hope I made the right decision going to this service. Been through enough hell with Magic Jack.
    I rebooted the adapter, and made a call, it worked. I will cross my fingers and hope it continues, but, I will not hold my breath.

Unhappy Re: Don't hear ringing of called phone

I made a couple calls this A.M. and not only did I not hear the ringing on the other end, it just disconnected me and gave me a dial tone. Opened another ticket.

I think the Voipo techs got the bugs worked out. I asked the tech if the problem was on my end, or Vopio's end, he told me that it was mainly the settings in my adapter that was out of sorts. They made the changes, and all seems to be good.

Hi all,

I have had ongoing tickets with support with the same occasional no ringing heard. Like some have said, it comes and goes -- today had two calls with no ringing and then the other side picked up.

It's not a showstopper problem, but is annoying. I have the problem with the router set both ways -- port forwarded/static IP and no special settings.

What I don't understand is the call is obviously ringing the other end, or they would not pick up. It is the local adapter that generates the ringing voltage so you can hear it, correct? So isn't it something internal to the ATA?

Thanks,

Mike

I am still having an intermittent problem with making a call, and not being able to hear the ringing of the phone on the number that I dialed. It is obviously ringing, because if I stay on the line long enough, as in listen to dead air, either someone answers, or I get the answering machine. More irritating than anything. Ticket ZWY-859344