Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lots of dropped calls, Loss of Registration issues

Default Re: Lots of dropped calls, Loss of Registration issues

Just submitted a support request YEL-620125 and PM to Brandon. My intermittent problems with "dead air" calls has arisen again today.

Man, I am having problems making calls and just dead air, no ringing or anything. There is a different thread going on, but I think it is about the same issues. Are these problems just the nature of the beast, as far as a voip service goes? So far, between Magic Jack and Voipo, all I am getting is an ulcer.

For everyone who has sent me a private message or submitted a ticket and placed 'ATTN' Brandon. I've received the tickets and messages. I am reviewing each case individually and looking for any potential patterns. I will be in touch shortly. Thank you for all of your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by markbet View Post
    Man, I am having problems making calls and just dead air, no ringing or anything. There is a different thread going on, but I think it is about the same issues. Are these problems just the nature of the beast, as far as a voip service goes? So far, between Magic Jack and Voipo, all I am getting is an ulcer.
    No this problem is not typical of Voip service. I had VYLmedia for over 3 years before coming to VOIPo. I had flawless service. Not one problem. But they were $24.99/month. I came to VOIPo to save $10/month and had great service for the first 3 weeks. Then it went down hill. The problem you are having with VOIPo is on their side and not yours. But they will always blame the customer. If VOIPo can't or won't get your service working as advertised then you should cancel and go with another provider. I cancelled last week. Just had enough. There are other services that work great. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ram1220 View Post
    No this problem is not typical of Voip service. I had VYLmedia for over 3 years before coming to VOIPo. I had flawless service. Not one problem. But they were $24.99/month. I came to VOIPo to save $10/month and had great service for the first 3 weeks. Then it went down hill. The problem you are having with VOIPo is on their side and not yours. But they will always blame the customer. If VOIPo can't or won't get your service working as advertised then you should cancel and go with another provider. I cancelled last week. Just had enough. There are other services that work great. Good luck.
    Voipo said I had a port forward problem, so I got with AT&T early this week, we spent almost an hour getting my router setup correctly. Later in the day, I started having the same problems, so I contacted Voipo tech service, they told me I still had an issue with my router, and they would need to access my router and tweek it some, which they did do this morning. I have not used my phone enough to see if the problem is resolved or not. If not, I may have to reconsider my options.

Voipo said I had a port forward problem, so I got with AT&T early this week, we spent almost an hour getting my router setup correctly. Later in the day, I started having the same problems, so I contacted Voipo tech service, they told me I still had an issue with my router, and they would need to access my router and tweek it some, which they did do this morning. I have not used my phone enough to see if the problem is resolved or not. If not, I may have to reconsider my options.
    Please shoot me an email / private message with contact and account information in order that we may get in touch, thanks!

I still have the same problem after I used the phone a little more.

Brandon, I sent you a PM.

I still have the same problem after I used the phone a little more.

Brandon, I sent you a PM.
    I do not believe I received it - could you please resend, thank you!

Ram; with all due respect, while you're definitely allowed and encouraged to express your opinion; I think you are very new to voip and you're opinion is very naive. If you look at the many sources for reviews; customers and industry; you'll find that VoipO is very highly rated. And when it comes to customer service and helping to fix problems, there is NO COMPANY as good as voipo. I'm sorry that you had a problem with your voip connection. Also sorry that you left another company simply to save $10. But I am confident when I say that the overwhelming majority of customers who deal with voipo are more than satisfied with the service and support.

I've been in the computer, telecommunications, voip, etc... business for more than 30 years. I watched a lot of voip companies come and go. Some so fly by night that thousands of customers over night simply lost their service. I also watched; first hand; Voipo spend a couple of YEARS working on their network, just so they wouldn't put customers through that. Do you know how much money you have to invest for 2-3 years without any PAYING CUSTOMERS? So when you say: "No this problem is not typical of Voip service", you are mistaken and very misleading. You make it sound like the majority of voip providers don't have any problems and that voipo is the exception and has more problems than anyone else. That is simply untrue. It is true that voipo is the exception. They are the exception in having one of the best customer services in the voip industry.

And before you ask or believe; NO, I am not employed by VoipO. I don't get paid by VoipO. I've been a paying customer of VoipO for almost 4 years. I've been using their service for more than 5 years. I've watched just about every scenario. Again; not to dog you or try and curb your right to express your opinion. I simply want other customers, who realize that voip, ANY PROVIDER, is heavily dependent on your internet provider, and that if you give VoipO the opportunity to work with you, they will prove to be one of the best. If on the other hand you expect Voip to be 100% identical to and as reliable as POTS, then that can not happen with today's technology. If that's what you want, then you need to go back to POTS. And anyone who says that their voip service is the same level of quality, reliability, availability, etc... as POTS, then they are not telling the truth. Voip is definitely BETTER than POTS in many ways; but availability and reliability isn't quite there. And most of that is because of the individual's internet provider. And I'm definitely not dogging markbet for his problem; but when VoipO says you have a port forwarding issue; and you have to call your Internet provider to figure out what to look for in your router; that's not a very good sign. Not saying people have to know as much about computers as I do; that's not practical. But if you're going to get into voip, then you should either know something about basic home networking, or be willing to learn and put up with some issues until your local bugs are worked out.

Back on topic: I wrote earlier what I did to my voipo after experiencing numerous calls of dead air. (Outbound was fine). In the last couple of days, I haven't had one dead air call. Maybe it was voipo working on their network, or maybe me forcing a reboot and re-registration of my account helped. All I know is everything "Seems" to be back to normal. I'll post again if I see any changes. Later... Mike.....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

<br><br>Ram; with all due respect, while you're definitely allowed and encouraged to express your opinion; I think you are very new to voip and you're opinion is very naive. If you look at the many sources for reviews; customers and industry; you'll find that VoipO is very highly rated. And when it comes to customer service and helping to fix problems, there is NO COMPANY as good as voipo. I'm sorry that you had a problem with your voip connection. Also sorry that you left another company simply to save $10. But I am confident when I say that the overwhelming majority of customers who deal with voipo are more than satisfied with the service and support.<br><br>I've been in the computer, telecommunications, voip, etc... business for more than 30 years. I watched a lot of voip companies come and go. Some so fly by night that thousands of customers over night simply lost their service. I also watched; first hand; Voipo spend a couple of YEARS working on their network, just so they wouldn't put customers through that. Do you know how much money you have to invest for 2-3 years without any PAYING CUSTOMERS? So when you say: "No this problem is not typical of Voip service", you are mistaken and very misleading. You make it sound like the majority of voip providers don't have any problems and that voipo is the exception and has more problems than anyone else. That is simply untrue. It is true that voipo is the exception. They are the exception in having one of the best customer services in the voip industry. <br><br>And before you ask or believe; NO, I am not employed by VoipO. I don't get paid by VoipO. I've been a paying customer of VoipO for almost 4 years. I've been using their service for more than 5 years. I've watched just about every scenario. Again; not to dog you or try and curb your right to express your opinion. I simply want other customers, who realize that voip, ANY PROVIDER, is heavily dependent on your internet provider, and that if you give VoipO the opportunity to work with you, they will prove to be one of the best. If on the other hand you expect Voip to be 100% identical to and as reliable as POTS, then that can not happen with today's technology. If that's what you want, then you need to go back to POTS. And anyone who says that their voip service is the same level of quality, reliability, availability, etc... as POTS, then they are not telling the truth. Voip is definitely BETTER than POTS in many ways; but availability and reliability isn't quite there. And most of that is because of the individual's internet provider. And I'm definitely not dogging markbet for his problem; but when VoipO says you have a port forwarding issue; and you have to call your Internet provider to figure out what to look for in your router; that's not a very good sign. Not saying people have to know as much about computers as I do; that's not practical. But if you're going to get into voip, then you should either know something about basic home networking, or be willing to learn and put up with some issues until your local bugs are worked out. <br><br>Back on topic: I wrote earlier what I did to my voipo after experiencing numerous calls of dead air. (Outbound was fine). In the last couple of days, I haven't had one dead air call. Maybe it was voipo working on their network, or maybe me forcing a reboot and re-registration of my account helped. All I know is everything "Seems" to be back to normal. I'll post again if I see any changes. Later... Mike.....<br>
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!