Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lots of dropped calls, Loss of Registration issues

Default Re: Lots of dropped calls, Loss of Registration issues

Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    <br><br>And I'm definitely not dogging markbet for his problem; but when VoipO says you have a port forwarding issue; and you have to call your Internet provider to figure out what to look for in your router; that's not a very good sign. Not saying people have to know as much about computers as I do; that's not practical. But if you're going to get into voip, then you should either know something about basic home networking, or be willing to learn and put up with some issues until your local bugs are worked out. <br><br>Back on topic: I wrote earlier what I did to my voipo after experiencing numerous calls of dead air. (Outbound was fine). In the last couple of days, I haven't had one dead air call. Maybe it was voipo working on their network, or maybe me forcing a reboot and re-registration of my account helped. All I know is everything "Seems" to be back to normal. I'll post again if I see any changes. Later... Mike.....<br>
    Excuse me but, when I signed up for Voipo, I was NOT told at that time I needed advanced knowledge of getting inside my router to get my service started, and I sure as hell won't apologize to you or anyone else for not knowing! If this is the case, then Voipo needs to put in bold black print on their sign up page, "BASIC NETWORKING EXPERIENCE NEEDED BEFORE SUBSCRIBING TO THIS SERVICE". Fact of the matter is, ITS NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS what I know, and what I do not! I spent some of my evening working with Voipo techs last night, and WE TOGETHER got the bugs worked out. So with all due respect, you can kiss my a$$ christcorp, you jerkoff!

Ram; with all due respect, while you're definitely allowed and encouraged to express your opinion; I think you are very new to voip and you're opinion is very naive. If you look at the many sources for reviews; customers and industry; you'll find that VoipO is very highly rated. And when it comes to customer service and helping to fix problems, there is NO COMPANY as good as voipo. I'm sorry that you had a problem with your voip connection. Also sorry that you left another company simply to save $10. But I am confident when I say that the overwhelming majority of customers who deal with voipo are more than satisfied with the service and support.

I've been in the computer, telecommunications, voip, etc... business for more than 30 years. I watched a lot of voip companies come and go. Some so fly by night that thousands of customers over night simply lost their service. I also watched; first hand; Voipo spend a couple of YEARS working on their network, just so they wouldn't put customers through that. Do you know how much money you have to invest for 2-3 years without any PAYING CUSTOMERS? So when you say: "No this problem is not typical of Voip service", you are mistaken and very misleading. You make it sound like the majority of voip providers don't have any problems and that voipo is the exception and has more problems than anyone else. That is simply untrue. It is true that voipo is the exception. They are the exception in having one of the best customer services in the voip industry.

And before you ask or believe; NO, I am not employed by VoipO. I don't get paid by VoipO. I've been a paying customer of VoipO for almost 4 years. I've been using their service for more than 5 years. I've watched just about every scenario. Again; not to dog you or try and curb your right to express your opinion. I simply want other customers, who realize that voip, ANY PROVIDER, is heavily dependent on your internet provider, and that if you give VoipO the opportunity to work with you, they will prove to be one of the best. If on the other hand you expect Voip to be 100% identical to and as reliable as POTS, then that can not happen with today's technology. If that's what you want, then you need to go back to POTS. And anyone who says that their voip service is the same level of quality, reliability, availability, etc... as POTS, then they are not telling the truth. Voip is definitely BETTER than POTS in many ways; but availability and reliability isn't quite there. And most of that is because of the individual's internet provider. And I'm definitely not dogging markbet for his problem; but when VoipO says you have a port forwarding issue; and you have to call your Internet provider to figure out what to look for in your router; that's not a very good sign. Not saying people have to know as much about computers as I do; that's not practical. But if you're going to get into voip, then you should either know something about basic home networking, or be willing to learn and put up with some issues until your local bugs are worked out.

Back on topic: I wrote earlier what I did to my voipo after experiencing numerous calls of dead air. (Outbound was fine). In the last couple of days, I haven't had one dead air call. Maybe it was voipo working on their network, or maybe me forcing a reboot and re-registration of my account helped. All I know is everything "Seems" to be back to normal. I'll post again if I see any changes. Later... Mike.....

Christcorp,

You are wrong. I am not new to voip. I have been using voip since 2005 and am very aware of how it works or in VOIPo's case how it's supposed to work. I did read the reviews both from customers and the industry as you say I should have. That is one of the main reasons I chose to sign up with VOIPo. The other was to save $10 per month. But I don't have to explain my reasons to you or to anyone else. I also beg to differ with you on the quality of customer service from VOIPo. When I first started to have problems they responded quickly and seemed interested in helping. As the problems continued and others mounted they still responded but didn't address the issues at all. It was like they were reading a ticket from another customer. All VOIPo support did at this point was direct the blame away from their company and towards my equipment. My equipment hasn't changed at all and it still works great. The only difference since VYLMedia and VOIPo is the company and the ATA. VYLMedia worked 100% of the time. You say no voip company works 100% of the time. Again you are wrong.
    I don't care how long you have been in the computer or telecommunications industry. And I couldn't care any less about how much money or time VOIPo had to invest to start service. Obviously it wasn't enough if there are still a lot of problems experienced by their customers. I signed up for a service that was advertised to work a certain way. VOIPo has failed to deliver such service. That's the bottom line. A paying customer should not need a degree in computers or networking in order to use voip as you seem to believe. Furthermore you stated that I was "mistaken and misleading" when I said "No this problem is not typical of voip service." You are the one that is mistaken and misleading. I am speaking from experience when I say I had 100% working service with VYLMedia. Have you used VYLMedia? If not maybe you should keep your mistaken and misleading comments to yourself.
    You go on to say that you are not an employee of VOIPo and that you don't get paid by them. You stated that you are a paying customer. Then please explain to everyone why you have had the service for 5 years but state that you have only been a paying customer for almost 4 years. Your credibility has just gone out the window.
    As for your statement that I should give VOIPo the opportunity to work with me to correct the problems you once again show that you have no idea what I have been through or have done to attempt a fix. I have been working with VOIPo support since October in an attempt to correct their problems. It is not my job to have to contact support on a weekly basis to try and get the same problems fixed over and over. I was a paying customer and I strongly believe the service should work as advertised. I understand there might be a few things that need to be worked on from time to time. But not the same things over and over. I know my way around computers and networking. I have been repairing and building computers for 15 years. I know when a problem is on my end or a companies side. In this case the problem is with VOIPo or their equipment that they obviously cut corners with to save money. I have read in these forums from VOIPo employees that they ordered the inferior Grandstream adapters to save money. I'm sure other equipment on their side was purchased from the "lowest bidder." You have no idea what I went through to try and solve the problems with my service. I finally got sick and tired of VOIPo pointing the fingers and not taking blame for anything. I can tell you as a fact that VOIPo's service is inferior to my old provider VYLMedia.
    So please before you go spouting off on people and tooting your own horn about how much you think you know you should try and get all the facts first. I read the reviews before signing up. I signed up because of the reviews and to save $10 per month. I know my equipment and I have a damned good internet provider with fast speeds. My prior voip provider worked 100% of the time. And when I started to have problems with VOIPo I tried over and over to get the problems solved. You can polish a turd over and over but it's still a turd. VOIPo is not ready for primetime and their sustomer support staff needs more training not only on their equipment but in people skills and reading comprehension. I hope you continue to have trouble free service. For me VOIPo didn't work. I cancelled and moved on. But I did try. I tried way more than a paying customer should have to. I will still be in this forum because I know current and potential customers need to hear both sides of the story.

Mark; I'm sorry you took my post as implying any of this was your fault. It isn't; and my post wasn't written to imply that. But voip isn't pots. When a person buys a 2nd computer for their home and they need to add a router to give both internet access and to possibly share files, printers, etc... a certain amount of knowledge is required. It isn't up to linksys or your ISP to build your network. Most times, VOIP is quite simply plug and play. But with some many different ISP's and individual home/business network configurations, it "SHOULD" be expected that there may be problems. A POTS line is simply a long piece of wire. It's on an internal network that only does voice. But voip is dependent on your unique network and ISP. No, this isn't your fault. Just that expectations should be different.
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

Mark; I'm sorry you took my post as implying any of this was your fault. It isn't; and my post wasn't written to imply that. But voip isn't pots. When a person buys a 2nd computer for their home and they need to add a router to give both internet access and to possibly share files, printers, etc... a certain amount of knowledge is required. It isn't up to linksys or your ISP to build your network. Most times, VOIP is quite simply plug and play. But with some many different ISP's and individual home/business network configurations, it "SHOULD" be expected that there may be problems. A POTS line is simply a long piece of wire. It's on an internal network that only does voice. But voip is dependent on your unique network and ISP. No, this isn't your fault. Just that expectations should be different.
    FYI. I have THREE computers, and I HAVE setup all of them to my router.

I have never had to port forward in the past, so why in the hell would I need to know that? And guess what, I still do not know, and do not plan on learning. I was told by Voipo that ALL I had to do was, plug it in and play, and if not, between ATT&T and Voipo tech service, we would get it working, and that is exactly what we did, so your assumption that I am stupid does not apply here. You do not know whatis going on in the background, so why assume you do? What irritates me is, you seem to think I OWE you an explanitaion as to why I do not have this knowledge, and in reality, I OWE you nothing!

Many people are WAY better off just minding their own business, and not interfering with something they do not have a clue as to what is really going on, as in, between me and Voipo.

WOW christcorp, did I strike a nerve bro?

I think we're loosing sight of what the purpose of this thread is for. Please get in touch with me privately if you are having any further issues. I am closing this thread.