Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots of dropped calls, Loss of Registration issues

Default Lots of dropped calls, Loss of Registration issues

I've been having a lot of dropped calls/dead air/phone not ringing after dialing issues starting yesterday. Today it's getting worse with random loss of registrations. My father and I both have Voipo and were seeing the same issues. I've never seen this degradation in service in over 2+ years of service. The problem seems to be most definitely on Voipo's side as I have isolated my network as not being the cause. All types of calls are affected including incoming, outgoing and Voipo to Voipo calls. Anyone else seeing these problems especially today?
    Last edited by tritch; 01-11-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Default Re: Lots of dropped calls, Loss of Registration issues

Support is the lowest today that it's been in a month so I don't think there are any issues on our end.

I'd recommend contacting us so a technician can help you troubleshoot.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Same issue. Within the last 4-5 weeks I've had more dropped/dead air incoming calls than I ever had in the last 12 months I've had the service. I used to work for my cable company and I know my connection is healthy. I've configured 3 different routers of mine thinking my equipment was molesting the SIP/RTP traffic...

If you have issues, e-mail support@voipo.com with details and we'll be happy to help. If possible, include an example call so we can look it up in our logs.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by vicious november View Post
    Same issue. Within the last 4-5 weeks I've had more dropped/dead air incoming calls than I ever had in the last 12 months I've had the service. I used to work for my cable company and I know my connection is healthy. I've configured 3 different routers of mine thinking my equipment was molesting the SIP/RTP traffic...
    Exactly. I've had the same setup for almost 3 years w/ no issues then suddenly lots of dropped/dead air calls on Wednesday and a few last week. No ISP problems w/ only 19ms latency to sip-central01. I reset the ATA and my router multiple times to no avail. All of the required UDP ports were already forwarded. About 50% of my calls on Wednesday were affected including Voipo to Voipo calls. Last week, I had 3 consecutive incoming cell phones calls that went to dead air when answered. It was only on the 4th try did it answer correctly. I opened a support ticket on this issue and they couldn't see anything wrong. Very strange things going on recently.......

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Support is the lowest today that it's been in a month so I don't think there are any issues on our end. I'd recommend contacting us so a technician can help you troubleshoot.
    Tim,

I did not open a support ticket because I'm 99% sure the problem was not on my side. Calls seem to be okay today, but will open a ticket if the issue resumes again. It may have something to do with what the poster "patoka" said below in another thread about networklayer/softlayer having dropouts. Hopefully their issues are being looked at or have been resolved already.

Quote Originally Posted by patoka View Post
    I understand that there are 3rd parties involved with voip, some of the network tests I've run for support show dropouts in the middle of networklayer.com's routers.

I've noticed the same thing the last few days. Phone rings; answer it; dead air. My daughter, who is one of the ones calling in, said it rang a couple of times and then dead air on her side. (Probably about the time I picked up the phone). Outgoing calls are fine. Internet on my end is pretty stable. 20-30ms; 25-30mb down; 5mb up. I've rebooted my adapter. We'll see what happens. mike.....
    Mike
    "Born Wild - Raised Proud"
    Do you like your life? - Thank a Vet!!!

We've been experiencing a bit of this also...but on some of those calls, if we remain on the line for an extra moment and the caller does as well, it seems to connect after a few extra seconds. Sounds strange but these kinds of things are hard to diagnose.

Hello,

Can you guys select a few examples of verified problematic calls from each of your call history / account. Please provide "Call Reference ID" for each call that this audio event occurred on (via PM). This will allow for me to compile a list of data and search for any potential patterns as far as what you guys are experiencing. You can find the Call Reference ID in your VPanel / Call History by clicking on the applicable "Call From" or "Call To" phone number for the problematic call. Look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

So far I've only received some call samples from a single person - so please do not forget to send me a message if you are experiencing dropped calls so we can further look into any potential root issues that you may be experiencing. Thanks!

Brandon,

My wife told me that she had a lot of problems with outbound calls yesterday. I forgot to open a ticket until just now, but did so a few moments ago (MCH-246217). For the record, I've had to open two tickets in as many weeks now for call connection issues, after a looooooooooong period of basically trouble-free service.

I'll PM you a call reference now. For whatever reason, only one call actually logged yesterday (my wife said she made about 5-6 call attempts).

-Bret