Thread: Time from dial to first ring

Default Time from dial to first ring

How long does it usually take you guys before the phone starts ringing from the time after you pressed the last digit of the outgoing number?

It takes around 10 seconds for me, whereas compared to my POTS line it starts ringing within 1-2 seconds.

I was just wondering if this was normal.

Default Re: Time from dial to first ring

You can try dialing a # once you are done dialing the numbers. From what I understand, your service supports 7, 10, and 11 number dialing, and will wait a requisite amount of time before assuming you have completed entering numbers. (Although I wouldn't expect this with an 11 number entry.) The # effectively tells it that you are done dialing.

At any rate, give that a shot.

That said, I do sometime experience the same issue as you, albeit sporadic.

Thanks DaveH for the # key suggestion. My wife has been complaining about that ever since we started Voipo and now it connects almost immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    You can try dialing a # once you are done dialing the numbers. From what I understand, your service supports 7, 10, and 11 number dialing, and will wait a requisite amount of time before assuming you have completed entering numbers. (Although I wouldn't expect this with an 11 number entry.) The # effectively tells it that you are done dialing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post

Right. The ATA doesn't know how many digits you're going to dial so it has a small delay to wait and see if you're done dialing. Pressing # will send the call to us immediately.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook