Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't Hear the caller - New User

Default Re: Can't Hear the caller - New User

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r198...2-1006-H-E-L-P

Truthfully- If your not doing anything special with your network such as hosting any kind of server, Id set up your Grandsteam to do the PPP login, put your dsl modem in bridge mode, and plug in your other router behind the Grandsteam LAN port. No port issues to deal with then.

But- If you want to keep your D-Link in the mix ahead of things, (right now your double-natting. Natting in of itself isnt real good for VOIP.) Can you put your modem in bridge mode and set up your D-Link to do the PPP login?
    I Void Warranties.

The Moto DSL Modem is set up just like the Bellsouth tech set it up. Sorry I don't know if it is set up to bridge. It doesn't have any input ports like my router. It just has the one dsl line out . . .its kind of cheap (Good old AT&T / Bellsouth).

Sorry, but your way above my level on this technology. So the way it is currently set up is NOT good?

Modem->Router->Grandstream

Brmstech,

Under Firewall for the DIR 655 change "UDP NAT ENDPOINT FILTERING" to "NAT ENDPOINT INDEPENDENT"

Here is an emulator: http://support.dlink.com/emulators/d.../Firewall.html so you can see what I am referencing.

Also at the bottom you will see a checkmark box for 'SIP' (ALG). Uncheck this box.

Once that has been updated & saved -- power down all network devices and then power back up all network devices.

Let me know how this works out for you, thanks!

Will do, thank you.

Thank you , VOIPoBrandon . . .Those changes to my D-Link 655 configuration have been installed and with the Grandstream plugged directly into the router . . .my VOIPo phone line currently seems to work fine. Still have my finger crossed that this condition continues.

Quote Originally Posted by brmstech View Post
    Thank you , VOIPoBrandon . . .Those changes to my D-Link 655 configuration have been installed and with the Grandstream plugged directly into the router . . .my VOIPo phone line currently seems to work fine. Still have my finger crossed that this condition continues.
    Not a problem. Glad to be of help! Do let me know if you run into any further issues, thanks!

Keep in mind the Motorola modem is still in the mix. If you need to do nothing else then wonderful! But the modem has a firewall and could potentially come to be an issue. Get a ticket in and proceed with that knowledge if needed.

Good Luck!
    I Void Warranties.

Thank you, chpalmer. . . Will do.