Thread: Grandstream Time Set

Default Grandstream Time Set

Can we access the Grandstream adapter and set the time? With all the adjustments that were made getting some bugs worked out, my time is running an hour behind now.

Default Re: Grandstream Time Set

It may be possible. Open up your browser and type in the IP address of the Grandstream device. If the Grandstream's basic setup screen opens up without requiring a username/password, then you should be able to change the time zone setting on this screen and click the Update button at the bottom of the webpage. An easier option may be to open up a support ticket and tell them what time zone you want set and they can do it for you.

If you are unfamiliar with finding the IP address of your device, just log into vPanel and click the Features tab then click Devices. Look under the "Contact" column and you will find your IP address after the @ symbol. Don't include the colon and port number (ie :5060)
    Last edited by tritch; 01-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tritch View Post
    It may be possible. Open up your browser and type in the IP address of the Grandstream device. If the Grandstream's basic setup screen opens up without requiring a username/password, then you should be able to change the time zone setting on this screen and click the Update button at the bottom of the webpage. An easier option may be to open up a support ticket and tell them what time zone you want set and they can do it for you.

If you are unfamiliar with finding the IP address of your device, just log into vPanel and click the Features tab then click Devices. Look under the "Contact" column and you will find your IP address after the @ symbol. Don't include the colon and port number (ie :5060)
    Thank you for that information. I thought I was home free, but when I reached the Grandstreams setup page, it did want a password. So I assume that I need to get that from Voipo. I will open a ticket and see if I can get the password. Thanks again.

The password for basic settings is 123.

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

Couple of tack-on questions....can these settings be accessed if the 502 is connected "behind" a router? This is the only way I can do it with ATT Uverse. Works fine, however, it appears that since the WAN port is connected to the router and gets a private ip via dhcp, I cannot connect via http over wan to the ATA....must be disabled, and only enabled via LAN port? I imagine I could temprarily connect a laptop there and hit it via lan address.

Real question is if doing this will allow me to set the adapter IP as static rather than dynamic? Or can customer service do that?

Quote Originally Posted by cmc850 View Post
    Real question is if doing this will allow me to set the adapter IP as static rather than dynamic? Or can customer service do that?
    Yes, you can do it. Specify an IP address in the GS admin panels and assign it in your router set-up panels. Works like a charm a well.

Thanks.....I also got some documentation detailing setting the ATA via IVR - voice response. It does turn out I can change the IP as desired there...

One issue remains, however. Because my 502 is connected behind my router, via the WAN port only, I needed to enable web interface via WAN - did that with IVR - nice lady says it's enabled. However, if I attempt to hit the WAN ip via a browser (keep i mind the WAN ip ends up being a private IP in this case), no web interface is available. I even Nat'ed port 80 to the 502 and tried hitting it via external...nothing.

While I can just use the IVR, maybe what I need to do to web admin is plug a laptop into WAN and hit 192.168.2.1 there? I have no real LAN devices connected there nor in that ip range.

FIGURED IT OUT - REBOOT ATA after changing settings.....
    Last edited by cmc850; 01-30-2012 at 01:13 PM.