Thread: Better ATA options

Default Better ATA options

This post is in response to a discussion on Home & Home Office thread. I thought I'd shift this to the reseller group.

Customers were questioning the quality of the HT502. I inquired about the Cisco PAP2T, but forgot it doesn't have a router.

They do have a Cisco SPA122 which has a router. It is about $15 to $20 more than the HT502.

Question is, would the SPA122 provide a better experience and greater reliability than the HT502? Anyone have experience with this model?

If so, then perhaps VOIPo could add that to the provisioning list.

Resellers could then opt to purchase it from 3rd party, but have online provisioning support to speed things along.

Again, depends on if the SPA122 would improve resolve call issues or not.

Default Re: Better ATA options

Linksys provisioning is generally generic across most models so it may already work. We will look into it provisioning wise a little next week to see what we can find out. It may be easy to enable.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 01-27-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

I see. I was thrown off by the 3 separate Linksys configs in the "Add Hardware" section of control panel.

But again, the key is whether or not the SPA122 is actually more stable than the HT502.

I know that IP phones do work much better.

The HT502 turned out to be another expense for me, I had a Vonage Linksys RTP300, I was using all 4 ports. Then I got the HT502 and in front of the router it would slow my WiFi and network printing to a crawl, so I went out and bought a Netgear FVS318 8 port router so I could put the HT502 behind the router. So yeah, I spent alot of money on a device, when Voipo could have just shipped an ATA/Router and it would have been more PNP.

I am being critical of you Voipo guys, but some times criticism is better in business then a few shouts of praise. I would really like you to succeed.