Thread: 2nd line call forwarding not available from Vpanel

Default 2nd line call forwarding not available from Vpanel

Using the Vpanel for line 2 (Add on line) call forwarding is not an available option, it can only be done from the handset. Is that by design or an omission?

Default Re: 2nd line call forwarding not available from Vpanel

2nd Line Call Forwarding is not an Option. It's only allowed on the Primary line. If you need that functionality for L2 then a full hosting package must be purchased. I know this as I ran into this problem myself.
    Proud VoIPo.com Customer since Dec 2008

Quote Originally Posted by dtrose View Post
    2nd Line Call Forwarding is not an Option. It's only allowed on the Primary line. If you need that functionality for L2 then a full hosting package must be purchased. I know this as I ran into this problem myself.
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. I purchased a virtual number and moved it to line 2 using the 2nd line beta feature which in essence created a second line with a second number:

"Assign a Virtual Number to 2nd Line
    If you have a virtual number, you can now assign the virtual number to your cloned line. When you do this, your virtual number will be converted into a free addon line and assigned to the Line 2 port. You will then be able to use the Line 2 port as if it were a completely separate account."

I can forward line 2 only from the handset using *20 and the number to be forwarded to and it will show up in Line 2 (Add on) Vpanel as being forwarded and can be disabled in the Vpanel by spacing out the call forwarding number and hitting enter, but after that no option to re-enable from Vpanel, so call forwarding is actually an option for line 2, but not from Vpanel. Currently I have line 2 forwarded to my cell and line 1 not forwarded which works fine. But it would be nice to be able to change it remotely without having to come home and do it from the handset.
    Last edited by laguna47; 01-31-2012 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laguna47 View Post
    Perhaps I wasn't clear. I purchased a virtual number and moved it to line 2 using the 2nd line beta feature which in essence created a second line with a second number:

"Assign a Virtual Number to 2nd Line
    If you have a virtual number, you can now assign the virtual number to your cloned line. When you do this, your virtual number will be converted into a free addon line and assigned to the Line 2 port. You will then be able to use the Line 2 port as if it were a completely separate account."

I can forward line 2 only from the handset using *20 and the number to be forwarded to and it will show up in Line 2 (Add on) Vpanel as being forwarded and can be disabled in the Vpanel by spacing out the call forwarding number and hitting enter, but after that no option to re-enable from Vpanel, so call forwarding is actually an option for line 2, but not from Vpanel. Currently I have line 2 forwarded to my cell and line 1 not forwarded which works fine. But it would be nice to be able to change it remotely without having to come home and do it from the handset.
    Unfortunately this is not supposed to be the case. The addon line does not include call forwarding so it should NOT be working from the handset. To get call forwarding you will need to purchase a full account as the discounted addon line cannot be forwarded anywhere on its own. We would not be able to offer it at such a deeply discounted price if we allowed it to be forwarded externally since that doubles the cost of providing it.
    Last edited by VOIPoTim; 01-31-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook