Thread: Wildcard number blocking

Default Wildcard number blocking

Hi,
    I'm looking for a method to apply the "blacklist" to a group of numbers. Specifically the CID of 800, 866, 867. It appears that those nonsense telemarketer calls use a toll free number to get around the anonymous block.

The government could save a lot of money by doing away with the "DO NOT Call" list and its staffing cost. Telemarketers do not abide and placing a complaint results in a nice reply that they have no authority, referring to the state for enforcement. The state then replies they are too busy to go after telemarketing.

Default Re: Wildcard number blocking

In call routes enter the area code and 7 asterisks, example - 800******* 866******* - I don't blacklist them, I select disconnect which will reply with "this number has been disconnected . . ."

I occasionally get a legitimate call with a toll free CID, so I've routed the toll-free numbers (with wildcards) to voicemail. I've found that telemarketers never leave voicemail messages, but this arrangement allows legitimate callers to leave a message.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the information.