Thread: Directory Assistance Listiing for Business Lines (411)

Default Directory Assistance Listiing for Business Lines (411)

I referred a friend to get a business Voipo account because he is moving from Centurylink to Frontier, Frontier said they can't port his numbers and would have to have Centurylink forward them to Frontier. Anyway he asked me about if Voipo will be listing his business in Directory Assistance. This i have never though about how that works with voip. With my business i don't promote my phone numbers as my business model is giving my customers the best possible price and not wasting it on staffing phones.

Can someone from Voipo or the voip industry respond on the directory assistance issue, thanks!

Default Re: Directory Assistance Listiing for Business Lines (411)

Unfortunately we're not able to offer directory listings. Since it's somewhat controlled by the traditional telcos, they want to charge us an arm and a leg to list anything. That's kind of ironic considering they charge their own customers to NOT list things.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoTim View Post
    Unfortunately we're not able to offer directory listings. Since it's somewhat controlled by the traditional telcos, they want to charge us an arm and a leg to list anything. That's kind of ironic considering they charge their own customers to NOT list things.
    So is there anyway around this, some kind of listing company that does this for a fee, on a one by one bases to get into all the 411 data bases?

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman View Post
    So is there anyway around this, some kind of listing company that does this for a fee, on a one by one bases to get into all the 411 data bases?
    Most of the landline companies will offer it to the public for same fees they would charge us.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Searching http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip may find some ideas.
    Such as this older thread http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r240...sting-and-VoIP
    (Note in that thread one poster RockyBB has since passed away, but was a wealth of knowledge on the forum.)

These days high search results on Google are often more important that dead tree directories.
    Calling 411 I can see still being relevant

Goog411 went away
    Perhaps the three alternatives in this post are worth considering: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,24909978
    (Not sure how easy it is to get listed in them?)

Using VOIPo services since February 2007
    Beta Tested the VOIPo Reseller Plan.
    A happy VOIPo Residential Customer

Using VoIP devices since 12-2002
    Companies I've tried
    iConnectHere|Vonage|BroadvoxDirect|Vonage|Packet8| VOIPo
    VOIPo is a keeper!