Thread: Affiliate program?

Default Affiliate program?

Anyone had any luck with the Voipo affiliate program? I signed up and have sent over 100 unique visitors from one of my professional forum websites to Voipo and no sales, you would think at least one or two sales would have happened. They knew it was about cheap phone service before they clicked the link so it wasn't like I was sending unrelated traffic.

I am beginning to wonder if I should be promoting this or something else.

Default Re: Affiliate program?

Guess no one is doing the affiliate program (:

Quote Originally Posted by trman View Post
    Guess no one is doing the affiliate program (:
    The affiliate program does have a lot of volume so it's generating sales every day.

One thing that realllllly boosts affiliate sales is if you pre-sell the service before linking especially if you have a blog or forum with an audience that respects or trusts you. This is what all of our top affiliates are doing (we have several pulling in over $10K/mo in commissions). By pre-selling I mean you sell the audience on what it is you like about VOIPo and why you're recommending it before the link. So they are already basically "sold" on it before they get to our site and then it's just a matter of specifics.

The system wide average for conversions on the affiliate program is 2%. This is deflated some because a lot of people send junk traffic of people not really interested like from traffic exchanges/paid to surf stuff.

Our top affiliate is at 12%.

This year we're going to be workign with affiliates more to help them generate more sales. The affiliate program is really my favorite way for us to advertise because lots of people and small businesses get paid through it rather than us paying a huge amount of money for advertising to a company that won't even notice it. Being an entrepreneur myself I love seeing other entrepreneurs and the little guy get paid for helping us grow our business. Even if it's a $50 check, that can make a difference for people.

If any affiliates have questions or want help trying to boost their affiliate sales, feel free to e-mail at tim@voipo.com and I'll try to help as best I can. We are working on a ton of new banners and creatives so if there are any sizes you guys need, let me know.
    Timothy Dick
    Founder/CEO
    VOIPo.com

Interact with VOIPo: Twitter, Facebook

Thanks for the encouragement Tim, I will keep incorporate your ideas and keep trying!