Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Connectivity Issues with sip.voipwelcome.com

Default Re: Connectivity Issues with sip.voipwelcome.com

Brandon, I don't think this issue has been resolved yet.....

Are any of you still experiencing this issue today? I just tried calling my father and it went to his failover number even though it appeared his lines were registered. These registration problems are so intermittent you never know if it's going to work or not. They seem to drop in and out of registration in between re-registration intervals similar to the posted SpaethCo logs.

Tritch,

The scenario you describe is completely different than SpaethCo's logs. He has a registration interval of 1 minute as well as OPTION ping requests he is sending us in which he is stating that our response to requests are delayed. I tracked each of his requests and as you can see an actual delay in response is few and far in-between and certainly not service impacting.

As for your call to your father --- it could have routed to failover for a number of different reasons, however this typically means that we did not receive a response back from your Father's endpoint / device to our request to initiate the call. So you can see here we are talking about two completely different scenarios.

Also there is not really a such thing as dropping out of registration in-between registration intervals since the actual registration interval is what determines in 99% of the cases the next time of request for registration. So in which case we would still have maintained an AoR (Address of Record) that we could contact the endpoint at given there are no firewalls preventing our request. This is of course unless the SIP device / client is doing some kind of odd rebounding logic in which it thinks its loss connectivity to our network.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    Also there is not really a such thing as dropping out of registration in-between registration intervals since the actual registration interval is what determines in 99% of the cases the next time of request for registration. So in which case we would still have maintained an AoR (Address of Record) that we could contact the endpoint at given there are no firewalls preventing our request. This is of course unless the SIP device / client is doing some kind of odd rebounding logic in which it thinks its loss connectivity to our network.
    Thanks. I stand corrected. I probably should have said that in-between registrations it was losing the "ability" to communicate with SIP server even though the lines showed registered. There's no doubt that I was seeing sporadic loss of registrations on his lines in vPanel up until Monday. His problems were identical to what others have posted.

The failover problem this morning was symptomatic of the same registration/connectivity problems that have been affecting most of the BYOD folks over the past week. I just assumed it was the same ongoing issue. His ATA is in the DMZ of the router, so I doubt it was a response or firewall issue with his device.

Is this case considered closed? I'm assuming all the support tickets have been cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by VOIPoBrandon View Post
    He has a registration interval of 1 minute as well as OPTION ping requests he is sending us in which he is stating that our response to requests are delayed. I tracked each of his requests and as you can see an actual delay in response is few and far in-between and certainly not service impacting.
    The expiry interval for registration is actually 120 seconds (asterisk always renews at expiry-15 seconds, so 105 seconds in this case).

In any case, I'm updating the case with packet captures to show the behavior that is concerning. There are periods of time where the server simply stops responding to all SIP requests -- registration, options, invites. I'm sorry, but that is service impacting when call setup traffic is not being processed.

Tritch,

As of today I am still having issues although not as bad as yesterday. Brandon has been very helpful in trying to get to the bottom of the problem. I agree though that because it is so sporadic it is a bit frustrating to know when a call will work or not work, especially on incoming calls. My guess is that it is not very widespread but still an issue for some of us.

Hello,

We really do not see any majorly concerning issues and it seems very isolated as to who is experiencing issues.

This is not a capacity / load issue as the load and demand on the current proxy is very low and processing as normally expected.

sip:~# uptime
    20:04:34 up 140 days, 21:11, 1 user, load average: 0.08, 0.04, 0.01

However we've setup an additional proxy in an alternate network segment to see if you guys have better connectivity to this server.

You can swap out your proxy from "sip.voipwelcome.com" to "sip2.voipwelcome.com"

Please do let us know how this works out for you, thanks!

Will do....My father called to tell me that he was still having problems this afternoon with incoming & outgoing calls. Very intermittent. I had him switch over to sip2.voipwelcome.com this evening to see how things go. His patience is starting to wear thin, so if this doesn't fix the issue then he will re-connect the Voipo provided ATA to register with sip-central01.

FYI...I'm BYOD connected to sip-central01 w/ absolutely no connectivity or registration issues at all (using grandfathered SIP credentials). Same ATA (SPA2102), same configuration as my father, just a different ISP.

Things have been 100% issue-free since I switched to sip2 yesterday around 3pm central.

A bit frustrating? Imagine how us resellers feel. Reseller accounts are all on the BYOD server. Customers complaining non stop. Some even threatening to cancel.
    Quote Originally Posted by stenger View Post
    Tritch,

As of today I am still having issues although not as bad as yesterday. Brandon has been very helpful in trying to get to the bottom of the problem. I agree though that because it is so sporadic it is a bit frustrating to know when a call will work or not work, especially on incoming calls. My guess is that it is not very widespread but still an issue for some of us.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaethCo View Post
    Things have been 100% issue-free since I switched to sip2 yesterday around 3pm central.
    Same here....my father reports no issues since switching to sip2.